HELP!!! MSI K7 Master S - BUT NO SCSI?!?!

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Hi,

Steve Benoit or anyone who knows about this, what's the deal? I went into the shop and I saw just as Steve explained the two missing DIMM slots, but the problem is even though the manual says it has on board SCSI, it's also missing the SCSI slots in the same way it's missing the DIMM slots. The holes and the solder are there in place, but no sockets, what the hell's going on there?

Please help.

Thanks.

Beer is the devil's piss.

G

I have K7 Master now.(No SCSI)
K7 Master and K7 Master-S have same manual-

Hey!
What about the box?
Look at the package box. You'll see 'K7 Master' not 'K7 Master-S'.

G

What was the price? K7 Master-S should be over $300 (somewhere around $350 or so), at the very least (while K7 Master is under $200). If you paid that much and didn't get your SCSI, return the sucker for full refund.

Leo

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
Hehe thanks guys, the box says K7 Master S. Anyway I paid £125 which is about $200 so I think I never got ripped off, just dissapointed that it didn't have SCSI :( anyway I guess the SCSI doesn't come free.

Apart from NO SCSI in the K7 Master what's the difference in performance between the two or are they identical?

Cheers guys.

I love this site!!!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, it is one of the best. Steve's problem with it is that it does not support 4 dimms. But you'll be fine with two. He explains that the AMD 760 chipset will only support 2 non-registered dimms or 4 registered dimms, and MSI rushed it to the market with sockets for 4 unregistered dimms, but later removed two of the sockets. The issue does not affect performance, only the number of dimms it can hold. And everyone else seems to be offering it with 2 dimm slots now, so you would have been stuck with two no matter which 760 board you got. Since it is the best performing board, you have a real good unit.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

hatimh

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
That's the kind of conclusion I came to after reading Steve's explanation. But some people misinterpreted Steve's post.

You've provided a good summary of Steve's original post. Thanks, and everyone else who's interested should take heed of this whole thread and the others titled MSI K7 Master......

Cheers guys.