Morrowind - After Action Report

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I have previously won the game 5 times each along the 'approved'
methods - straight Morrowind, Morrowind+Tribunal,
Morrowind+Tribunal+Bloodmoon (with a level 11 character).

Last night I killed Dagoth Ur with my level 24 Crusader. What was
unusual about this is that I did it without Wraithguard and was
nowhere NEAR the end of the main quest - in fact my next objective was
to go to Urshilaku for the first time.

How? I got my alchemy up to 100 (and if you're going this route don't
forget to pick up the Grandmaster Calcinator just around the corner
from where you get Keening) and make potions. Once you make your first
few potions you can make sufficient money to keep Creeper happy that
you shouldn't have to worry about stealing things - I had decided that
I wanted to buy diamonds from the Balmora Alchemist so I bought rather
than stole the diamond required for the first Thieves' Guild quest.
(In Morrowind if you steal ANY ingredient, ALL ingredients of that
type are assumed to be stolen ... )

My favorite trick is to go to the Imperial Cult just below the Sadrith
Mora Mage Guild and buy and sell components to both monks until each
has 100 units each of everything they sell. Do that with the Alchemist
in Balmora as well - particularly with Vampire Dust and anything else
that can Fortify Strength. Then buy 100 units of bloat and (forgotten
the ingredient name) and make Fortify Intelligence potions 20 at a
time. Then take them and make 20 more (and stronger) potions. Then
repeat until you've made 100 potions. If required do it again. By this
method I got my intelligence up to 200000+. You then buy enough
Marshmarrow and Saltrice to make 100 extra powerful Restore Health
potions - mine were something like 2000+ pts for 1000 seconds more or
less. These are critical since without Wraithguard you will suffer
hideous Health losses and will quickly die if one of these potions is
not in effect. Then go back to Balmora and buy the ingredients for 100
Fortify Strength potions.

Along the way while you're raising your intelligence it would also be
useful to make Levitation potions but don't wait till the end since
you DON'T want Levitation of more than 200-300 points though a long
lasting potion is useful. Kagouri skins are mostly useful for Night
Eye potions which is a useful potion to have in the late game.

In fairness I did NOT use these super-potions anywhere except inside
the Ghostfence where I figured all was fair in love and war - anything
OUTSIDE the Ghostfence was done "straight".

Once inside the Ghostfence you do have to go to Vemyanel (sp?) and
Odrasal (sp?) to get Sunder and Keening though I basically did a
search and destroy mission on anything that moved inside the fence.

Now the important part - go to Dagoth Ur and raise your strength as
high as you can. (12000 was enough for me) This will cause most things
to die in 1 or 2 blows including lesser Dagoths. Make sure either your
armorers skill is high enough (and you have a supply of hammers) or
you have a good selection of low-quality weapons (which with strength
that high doesn't matter).

When you get to the final chamber you probably know what to do with
first Sunder then Keening....

The funny thing is that the Azura video refers to you as Hortator and
Nerevarine whereas my character has no idea what a Hortator is (he's
near the top of House Redoran - each of my characters has gone to a
different Great House) and hasn't yet been to Urshilaku - he's been to
Zainab and Erinasum (sp?) in connection with Mage Guild quests but
that's it.

I'm not through with this character yet but am not sure where to go.
Probably hang around Creeper until all the potions wear off and then
systematically try to rise to the top of the Mage, Fighters, Thieves
Guilds and Morag Tong.

One quest I have not completed yet is the 29 Threads - and I am still
hoping I can find an 'in the game' method of getting them all other
than simply butchering everyone and hoping the dead have a "Sublime"
object. I've been to all the non-Vivec Morag Tong houses hoping for
tips but Eno Hlaalu is the only one I've found who will discuss this
quest with me. I have found 'walkthroughs' for this quest of course
but would like to do it without outside the game help. Obviously this
quest is unavailable once you become Morag Tong Guildmaster. I'd also
like to do the "Mystery of the Dwarves" which I solved for the first
time in my last game - usually I butcher Trebonius first!

Anyhow - level 24 without using Wraithguard (I previously did it at
level 9 *with* Wraithguard) - anybody got that beat?

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com> wrote in

> stats into super-god mode. This involves an odd but simple combination
> of enhance attribute or skill with 1 other spell (spoiler on request).

Request! :)

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Arcana Dragon <this@ress.is.invalid> wrote in news:408c4977$0$175
$edfadb0f@dread11.news.tele.dk:

> Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> stats into super-god mode. This involves an odd but simple combination
>> of enhance attribute or skill with 1 other spell (spoiler on request).
>
> Request! :)

Soultrap on target.

Go to an enchanter/spellmaker and have them cook you up a spell with
enhance skill or attribute on self, plus Soultrap on target.

The amount of points is mostly irrelevant, since it is cumulative,
permanent effect, that is, if the enhance skill is only for 10 points,
casting it a second time gets you 20 points total.

It's certainly fun for a while. A character with 1,000 strength, acrobatics
and athletics can jump from one end of Morrowind to the other in just a few
Hulk-like leaps. Someone with 1,000 streangth and Hand-to-Hand can batter a
Daedra back to Oblivion (some creatures, like Ogrims, lie there twitching
until you beat them to death), no magic weapons needed - and your fists
don't wear out.

There are, of course, so caveats and gotchas, but I'll leave that for ya'll
to discover.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 04:02:11 GMT, Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Soultrap on target.
>
>Go to an enchanter/spellmaker and have them cook you up a spell with
>enhance skill or attribute on self, plus Soultrap on target.
>
>The amount of points is mostly irrelevant, since it is cumulative,
>permanent effect, that is, if the enhance skill is only for 10 points,
>casting it a second time gets you 20 points total.

I know all about that trick for the primary characteristics but how do
you do this for secondary skills like Acrobatics? The ONLY way I know
to fortify acrobatics is via those scrolls which are said to be
reproducible though I haven't learned how - I have not figured out how
to do so either by spell or potion though I'm dying to try - my most
recent character indulged in drug abuse and got his intelligence up
past 249k and made some killer potions - ones that supposedly have a
value of 32000 gold. (I used those to go to the Balmora alchemist and
buy vampire dust in 100 unit lots - I assume you know how to buy and
sell reagents to build up the number of units of reagents available
for sale - the Balmora alchemist and the Sadrith Mora Imperial Cult
temple are truly wonderful places)

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:42:23 GMT, Eric Gill <ericvgill@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Same way, you just need to acquire a "Fortify Skill" spell. Originally, you
>could only get one through through the Threads of the Web quest, but you
>can buy one in Mournhold now as well.

Oh really? I hadn't planned on visiting Mournhold this game but that
plan can be changed - my character is at level 27 already which is too
strong for what I have in mind...