Omnibook faceplate for NEC ND6500A?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I'm replacing my existing DVD in my Omnibook 6100 with a NEC ND6500A.
It works just fine but the previous faceplate isn't interchangeable
with the one for the ND6500A. Does anyone know which HP part # for a
faceplate will match up with this drive?

I guess it would be too logical for drives to have the locations of
faceplate mounting holes, switches, LEDs in standardized locations :)

The faceplate that came with the ND6500A is ok, but makes it obvious
that it is an add-on drive :)

Thanks
Mike H.

BigJim

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

lets see the front of my machine has a black drive and a beige drive and a
white floppy.
It runs fine.