Can I play?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • NFS
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 21, 2011 3:11:54 PM

Hi all,

FINALLY I'm going to get a new system. It's a Dell 15R. It's tech specs are as following,

Intel i5 2.66 GHz processor
ATI Radeon 550v 1 GB Graphics card
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB Hard disk
Win 7 Basic 64 bit.

So Can I play

NFS Carbon
NFS Shift
NFS Hot pursuit 2010
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
GTA 4
GTA San Andreas
Call of Duty Modern Warfare??

More about : play

May 21, 2011 5:00:44 PM

550v? is that supposed to be 5550?

Dont buy OEM prebuilt machines. they usually have have crappy video cards, and you cant upgrade the video cards because the power supplies they come with are also crap. Assemble it yourself if you can, or otherwise you can get one of the custom computer websites to build one for you, like iBuypower.
m
l
May 21, 2011 8:07:16 PM

No, you can't play... Now go to your room and do your HOMEWORK!!!!!

:) 
m
l
Related resources
May 21, 2011 8:07:39 PM

Overclocked Toaster said:
550v? is that supposed to be 5550?

Dont buy OEM prebuilt machines. they usually have have crappy video cards, and you cant upgrade the video cards because the power supplies they come with are also crap. Assemble it yourself if you can, or otherwise you can get one of the custom computer websites to build one for you, like iBuypower.

Dude, it's a laptop.
m
l
May 21, 2011 8:23:18 PM

The Radeon 550v, is not a bad video card for a laptop. There are much worse, however, it is still relatively weak compared to a desktop video card. I would say it is roughly as powerful as a desktop HD 5450; maybe slightly faster.

I'm a bit confused though because on Dell's US website the Dell Inspiron 15R only comes with integrated Intel video. I saw a "combo-mod" option under the Specification section which listed a possible Mobility Radeon HD 5650, but it is not offered as an option when I try to configure the laptop.

That may be an option you need to call Dell about. The Mobility Radeon HD 5650 would be better than the Radeon 550v, but it is only considered to be a mid-level video card. I would peg the Mobility Radeon HD 5650 to be almost as powerful as the desktop version of the Radeon HD 5570.

Playing games on an inexpensive laptop can be frustrating...
m
l
May 22, 2011 2:27:12 PM

jaguarskx said:
The Radeon 550v, is not a bad video card for a laptop. There are much worse, however, it is still relatively weak compared to a desktop video card. I would say it is roughly as powerful as a desktop HD 5450; maybe slightly faster.

I'm a bit confused though because on Dell's US website the Dell Inspiron 15R only comes with integrated Intel video. I saw a "combo-mod" option under the Specification section which listed a possible Mobility Radeon HD 5650, but it is not offered as an option when I try to configure the laptop.

That may be an option you need to call Dell about. The Mobility Radeon HD 5650 would be better than the Radeon 550v, but it is only considered to be a mid-level video card. I would peg the Mobility Radeon HD 5650 to be almost as powerful as the desktop version of the Radeon HD 5570.

Playing games on an inexpensive laptop can be frustrating...

I'm from India and on Dell's India website Inspiron 15R comes with Radeon 550v 1 GB Video card
m
l
May 22, 2011 2:29:03 PM

jaguarskx said:
No, you can't play... Now go to your room and do your HOMEWORK!!!!!

:) 

What do you mean by "Now go to your room and do your homework!!!!!" Huh????
m
l
May 23, 2011 4:38:11 AM

^ It means that you are young and that you need to pay attention to your studies. :lol:  But I'm sure you do, right ? :) 

Playing an unoptimized game like GTA IV, on a laptop that doesn't have a good card, can't be good. You'll be able to play them at low settings I assume.

But for the other games, I'm pretty sure, it would run just fine. Still, bit unsure about NFS SHift and NFS HP 2010.

m
l
May 23, 2011 5:08:19 AM

It's not funny Gman450. i pay a lot of attention to my studies but now it's holiday time
and all I can think about is games.
m
l
May 23, 2011 5:35:51 AM

varun706 said:
It's not funny Gman450. i pay a lot of attention to my studies but now it's holiday time
and all I can think about is games.

Hey, I'm sorry if you got upset, I was just kidding . And that's why I added ' but I'm sure you do, right ? ' in my last post.
I'm an Indian too, same age as you. Me too, all I can think of during the holidays are games, but I have to upgrade my rig.
m
l
May 23, 2011 5:43:45 AM

OK Now i understand it.
m
l
May 23, 2011 5:50:48 PM

GTA SA,NFS Carbon-are you kidding?first one can be played with poor Intel G31 inbuilt video card and carbon runs with i3 inbuilt gfx smoothly in medium graphics settings..and rest games should play well except GTA IV,I mean I'm not sure but GTA IV may make problems,issues slow fps rate may occur.
m
l
May 23, 2011 5:53:46 PM

Gman450 said:
Hey, I'm sorry if you got upset, I was just kidding . And that's why I added ' but I'm sure you do, right ? ' in my last post.
I'm an Indian too, same age as you. Me too, all I can think of during the holidays are games, but I have to upgrade my rig.

hey GMan,are you really Indian?OMG,Me too.You have help me in many posts and very glad know that you are from India.
m
l
May 23, 2011 6:40:52 PM

varun706 said:
What do you mean by "Now go to your room and do your homework!!!!!" Huh????

It was a joke, or rather a sarcastic remark. The :)  was meant to emphasis that.
m
l
May 24, 2011 3:23:09 AM

abar92 said:
hey GMan,are you really Indian?OMG,Me too.You have help me in many posts and very glad know that you are from India.

Yeah I'm from India, Kerala ( State ) to be more specific. Which state are you from abar ?
m
l
May 24, 2011 6:08:45 AM

Gman450 said:
Yeah I'm from India, Kerala ( State ) to be more specific. Which state are you from abar ?

I am from West Bengal,I know most of IT and PC experts of India live in Kerala.
m
l
May 25, 2011 6:45:32 AM

jaguarskx said:
It was a joke, or rather a sarcastic remark. The :)  was meant to emphasis that.

OK OK I get it.
m
l
Anonymous
June 21, 2011 11:05:29 PM

I have Dell Inspiron N5010 with Core I3 2.4Ghz , ATI HD 550V , 4GB RAM. And I Play :
NFS shift 2-Unleashed @20-30fps(With Fraps)-with the following settings

Quote:
</class>
<data class="GraphicConfigData" id="0xEA8080">
<prop name="Name" data="" />
<prop name="Mode" adapter="0" width="1366" height="768" antialias="0" refresh="60" />
<prop name="Vsync" vsync="1" />
<prop name="AntiAlias" antialias="0" />
<prop name="Windowed" windowed="0" />
<prop name="TextureFilter" texturefilter="3" />
<prop name="TextureResolution" textureresolution="3" />
<prop name="Brightness" brightness="10" />
<prop name="CarDetailLevel" cardetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="TrackDetailLevel" trackdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="ShadowDetailLevel" shadowdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="MotionblurLevel" motionblurLevel="2" />
<prop name="EffectsDetailLevel" effectsdetaillevel="2" />
<prop name="EnvmapDetailLevel" envmapdetaillevel="2" />
</data>

And Crysis At Very High Except Shadows and one other thing on High.

IV and San Andreas Should work fine.
NOTE:
Quote:
I haven't overclocked anything neither CPU nor GPU
Any way check this site and choose the game you want System Requirements LAB
m
l
!