G

I have:
A7V-133 MB
AMD T-Bird 1GHZ CPU
ASUS V7700 GeForce 2 deluxe ddr Video
512 meg pc-133 ram
SB live X-gamer Audio
SCSI HD, NIC, CDRW

Up until a week ago my system was running fine. Now after about five minutes from boot up. The video gets lines all over it and the machine lcoks up. I have changed the resolution on my video and also the refresh rate to no avail. I'm pretty sure that the problem is either my video card freaking out or the AGP slot on the MB, but I have no way of confirming this unless I buy a new AGP card. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it is inherent with the A7V-133 board or just the video card
Thanks for the help

IRQ sharing--Don't you Love it!

G

I sypathise with you as I am also having a problem with IRQ's. I also have a 1GHz Athlon and my mobo has integrated sound/LAN and an AMR Modem. The modem and Sound chip were sharing the same IRQ which meant that I couldn't use the sound when I was connected to the Internet.

To test the Graphics Card - try it in one of your friends computer and if it works conclude that it's you mobo.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I, too, have my sound card (SoundBlaster Live!) and my modem (Creative Winmodem DI-5630) sharing IRQ 5 with USB controller also without any prob (PCI slot 4 & 5). Did your system use <b>IRQ steering</b>?