Playstation Move Question

pinaklonkar

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
I have never used motion sensing equipment before. And since playing shooter games is a horrible experience for an ex-PC gamer on consoles, I was thinking if the sharp shooter gun and move setup on my PS3 may bring the satisfaction back, if not joy, at the least.

Do you think all the games are now supported or getting support update for the sharp shooter gun? e.g. Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, inFamous? those are the ones I currently care about. If yes, do you think it's a great and better alternative to the original controller which is just not meant for playing first person shooters?

Any experienced members? And no, I am not bashing that controller because I am a PC gamer new to consoles. It doesn't and will never feel as complete as PC for me. So the question.

Is it worth investing in Move for FPS?

I see a lot of newer games coming out with move compatability. I don't think many old games will get updated.

I do not own move controllers, but I am familiar with motion sensing controllers, specifically the Wii. I can tell you right now, I don't like motion control for FPS (at least Wii) and here's why. I don't have the steadiest hands and any slight motion can create bob/weave. Even if I adjust the sensitivity, I just can't get it right. Also, I'm not one to get motion sickness while playing games, but have found out the excessive bob/weave in moton controlled FPS games does make me nauseous. Anyhow, just something to consider.

pinaklonkar

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010
Oh the one in PS3 is claimed to be of much better accuracy. How true that is, only time will tell. The only reason to even consider Move is first person shooters. I hear you about the bob/weave. But I believe that if a cheap camera and gun accessory makes the FPS significantly more playable than right now, it's worth it.

Better accuracy of the control is only part of the problem. Having a steady hand is the other. When you let go of a mouse on a computer or an analog stick on a console controler, the cursor will stop all movement. Try holding your hand steady for more than a few seconds - it's tough. If you can't hold completely still, the cursor will bob & weave. Anyhow, in a FPS game, you're not standing still very often.

No matter what you choose, have fun!!!