• Console

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • PC

Votes: 35 89.7%

• Total voters

oxycontiin

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Assuming the community is well aware of the pros and cons for both sides of this question (if you're not, there's a limitless supply of discussions on Google), I'm interested in your thoughts considering the recent change in the video game market. Consoles today are a far more common gaming platform than a PC due to their simplicity. This has led developers to focus more on console-based gaming rather than PC.

Does this mean we'll see development for PC games diminish in the next few years? It's possible. Does it mean that next-gen consoles will step up their hardware and pull away from the mid-range PC? Something to consider.

The fact is that another generation of consoles is only a few years away. The Wii 2 is already being discussed, codenamed Project Cafe, and Epic Studio has claimed that they are now working with a developer model of what will become the new Xbox. Will the PC market remain competitive?

Vote for your platform of the future and tell the community why they should too.

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Personally, I believe the PC will always be a viable option. You're totally correct when you say that consoles monopolise the gaming market now, simply because they're of a set standard and quality, and focus on utility for the masses for a fixed, low price.

That said, I don't think that the option for extreme machines will ever be neglected by developers or enthusiasts. The PC is beautiful because it offers so much variety over and above that of a console. There is so much scope for improved quality, improved detail and increased performance for those that want it. Furthermore, PC gaming is so much more...personal? Sure, you can buy an Alien*overpriced*ware, but many PC gamers design, mod and build their own machines now. There's nothing that can beat watching your creation chug to life. I personally appreciate a PC that I've chosen based on my requirements far more than a factory line console because it feels so much more personal to me, and I'm sure many other people feel the same.

The newest, fastest technologies always come to PCs. Do we see Sandy Bridge on consoles? Nope. And I'm sure that by the time we do, if we do, PC will already be leagues ahead in terms of hardware. I don't envisage this changing - in fact I suspect that the next generation of consoles will still be unable to compete with the current top spec gaming PCs.

To be honest, I'd summise that price is the only real contributing factor to people's choices. If top spec gaming PCs were the same price as your bog standard XBox, I personally would think that they'd be far more popular than consoles. If it cost the same to design, build and buy our own personal gaming PC over a bog standard console, and so long as the PC outperformed the console, then people would eventually latch on to that instead. In my opinion :)

LarryJones1

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Here is my take on the matter... I've recently come from console gaming to the PC. I made the switch because I felt like I could at least play all my console games in a legitimate 1080p resolution. I figured that the worst case scenario for the PC, is that it's basically nothing more than a bunch of console ports that can be ran in a much higher resolution with all the effects maxed out. If you're going to play these games anyways, then why not play the best version?

Now, certainly, the PC isn't going to always have the best version, and there are TONS of great games that never make it to the PC (or haven't made it yet...) . Here is a little list of games that have never come to the PC: Crackdown, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo 3 ODST, Resistance 1, 2 and 3, - Uncharted 1, 2 and 3, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous 1 and 2, Rachet and Clank series, L.A. Noire, Heavy Rain, heck... Madden don't come to the PC no more either....

Tons of great games never even make it to the PC, so you can't forget about that.

But anyways, what I'm sayin is that I jumped over to the PC, from the console side, to try to take my console games to a slightly higher level. To see them running at near 60 frames in true 1080p. With many console games running at sub 720p resolutions, I figured it would be cool to see some legit 1080p games in their full glory.

Having said all of that, I can tell you that the moment the next Xbox system comes out, or the PS4, I'll jump right back to the console side, and the PC side can eat a .... for all I care, cause I sure as heck won't be upgrading my PC anymore once Microsoft or Sony's new box hits. You know they will bring the noise. Microsoft brought the noise in late 2005 and 2006, and if you're honest with yourself, you know that it had it going on more than the PC at that time.

The PC really didn't become a factor again until about 2009. It took the PC nearly 3 years to catch back up to the consoles (2008), and another year (2009) to surpass them. In 2010 and 2011, it's no question that the PC is the place to be. Same thing with 2012 and early 2013. But come November 19th 2013, all bets are off. I'll probably jump right back on the consoles and never look back.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Personally i would stick with PC gaming. There are a couple of reasons for this:

1) its always going to be the superior platform, this is a given it will have mods, it will have customization and i wont be at the mercy of some company to decide how i game on my machine. Even the current gen consoles were outdated very quickly, Xbox 360 6 months after launch. PS3 was outdated by 8800gtx before PS3 even launched.

2) PC is lot cheaper to game on then any console. This is plainly due to the fact that games on console are much more costly then PC. Over the time of 1 generation (6-7yr gen) people end up buying thousands of usd worth of games. I personally buy about 20-30 games a year. Buying those at launch itself are 10-20usd cheaper on PC, if bought on Steam discounts the difference is even bigger. Hence over a year i tend to save anywhere between 300-500usd simply because buying on PC is cheaper.

3) Since i mostly game on PC, i have hundreds of games. 200 on steam alone. It would be a nightmare for me if i was told my games arent going to be supported next gen. Hence with PC i know i can go back in time play any of my old games. This is something a console maker will never allow since its a loss of revenue for them. They would rather prefer people ran out to buy new games for the new system. I still tend to play games like CS, Warcraft 3 if i was told i couldnt play them any more i would throw a fit. Sadly with console you arent in control of your own hardware. If they say they are going to shut down online support there is nothing you can do about it.

4) Aside from old PC games, the PC even plays older console games, which is a huge plus for me. My PS3 fat recently died. I have over 50 PS2 games. I dont want to keep rebuying an old PS2 just so i can play my old games. PC is a perfect fit to play any game from Nes, Snes, n64, ps1, PS2, Arcade, Wii etc. That alone gives PC a library of 1000's of games.

There are many other reasons why i chose to play on PC most of the time however that list would be endless i think i have made my point very well.

I will have to say this. Will PC overwhelm consoles in becoming more mainstream? never. Will consoles overpower PC to a point where there will be no games developed for PCs? never.

so the end of the story is, if you understand the situation between pc and console gaming right now, it won't be changing in the future. Maybe 50-100 years from now there will be some new revolutionary technolgoies that will combine pc+consoles in 1 beautiful experience, but until then, nothing is going to change much. consoles will be consoles and PCs will be PCs. Developer companies will make their choices according to their best interest, and that interest is not comprised of revenue alone.

so to answer your original question: next gen, will stay exactly the same as current gen. There will be more hype about consoles because they are cheaper and more people have a console rather than a decently specced pc. But pc gaming isn't only comprising of new titles as someone pointed out above. The major advantage of PC is its flexibility and personalization, and that will always be the advantage over consoles.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
Consoles arent cheaper at all, anyone buying a console will still need to be having a PC at home for other stuff. Adding a GPU to a PC to beat the console expereience will cost less then getting a console.

Another advantage PC will have over console is when next gen starts console userbase will start from 0.

Steam and other DD services have really brought the PC gaming community together. At the start of next gen Steam will have a userbase of over 50million.

When developers note steam having a userbase of over 50million while consoles starting up from 0. I dont think any of them will be able to ingnore the PC. In fact PC will get more support then ever before.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
I recently went from consoles to pc simply for the fact that I wanted to learn more about computers but when I started gaming...WOW nothing compared.... had my rig over at a friends place where we were multi playin some games and while my rig was there I bought a ps3 and 3 games played it for the weekend and returned everything...while I like consoles they are just too generic for me and I like to know whats in my system and how its running....my preference. Yes in the years to come pc is goin to try to lean more to the gaming side of the industry to stay on top of the consoles. I just find with pc's everything looks better loads faster and plays wickedly...the only downside is that you will have to put more money into your pc as time goes buy then just lets say buy a console from 200- 500 whatever the next price of the next gen consoles will be at. The one slight draw back is you can easily spend that 200-500 bucks on just a gfx card alone....so really its a toss up of money. for the lowest price you can get the consoles and if you got all hi-def then all good if your happy with the load times, but If you got the money PC is the way to go. Also in my opinion all the new old and in between games should be for pc aswell. heck They make the game on a computer why not put it out for the computer...Like a post said above that this is cuz its being fed to the masses so the software companies make their money. + a decent gfx card will run you about the same price as a console. I just bought another gfx card...cost me 250$ I could have gotten a ps3 or 360 plus a game for that price..

Also I have not heard anything different yet but when I bought my ps3 for that weekend the playstation network was down...dont know if it still is but a rep from sony said they would not be having the network up anymore or at least till they get the security right on their end

there is my 10 cents

LarryJones1

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

I'm not sure this is too accurate. Sure, everybody needs to have a PC at home. Prior to May, I didn't have a gaming PC, but I did own a very capable PC for general use, (internet, etc). The thing is, it isn't as easy as just adding a decent video card. The PC that I have is from 2005, and while it's perfectly fine for everything besides gaming, it isn't just a matter of me getting a video card. I'd need a whole new system, because it's motherboard doesn't support modern processors and modern video cards. So, obviously, need a new CPU as well, more modern up to date memory, and the PSU in the Compaq PC isn't going to cut it, so need a new PSU, etc, etc. Now I need a new case, CPU cooler, etc, ...

So for a lot of people, they can't simply just add a decent vid card. They need to basically start from scratch. This is why consoles will always be more popular by the general public. With a Xbox 360, it's easy for me to have one in 3 different rooms of my house, all connected to the internet, all on Xbox Live. I could play with my kids in Halo, or play against somebody else on NBA 2K11 or whatever. With the PC, I can't really play my kids, cause they are on Xbox. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big a deal, but I must admit that being able to put a 360 in each room is nice and convenient. I can't do that with my PC.

Still I must cop to the fact that right now I'm really into playing the console games on the PC for that little extra bit of oomph that you get from it. Bulletstorm is a more impressive experience on PC. Mass Effect is better on PC. Dragon Age is better on PC. Tons of games are either better, or just as good. Every once in awhile, you'll get a port that is actually inferior to the console versions, but it's the exception, not the rule.

still come November 2013, I'll be in line buying the 3rd generation Xbox.

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
@Larry Jones

Even if you bought made a 1000usd PC (thats a really highend spec you dont need to spend that much) overall it would still be cheaper then getting a xbox 360 in the long run, heres how:

For an instance if you buy 20 games a year every game being 10usd cheaper on PC(difference is actually more but we will only count 10usd).

Cost of PC for gaming for 5 years:

1000usd basic PC
5000usd cost of PC games (20games * 5 years * 50usd price)
6000usd cost of gaming on a PC for 5 years

Note we have not included Steam or D2D deals into this hence the comparison is further unfavorable for the PC, as pc game prices fall very fast, console prices dont fall.

Cost of Xbox 360 gaming for 5 years:

300usd Price of console
300usd price of XBL 5 years
6000usd price of games (20games * 5years * 60usd)
6600usd total price to game on Xbox 360 for 5 years

There we have it Xbox in the long run is more expensive, has a higher chance of failure, has lower quality of game compared to PC and has no backward compatibility gaurantee, which means next gen all those thousands of usd worth of games may be unplayable next gen good luck with that.

We just made a comparison where the situation is highly unfavorable for the PC yet it comes out cheaper in the long run and is able to do alot more stuff that the Xbox can only dream of. this comparison is valid for the people who want to be making a PC from the ground up, for those that already have a 2-3 year PC they only need getting a 150-200usd GPU which is cheaper to get then getting a console to boot.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
no doubt that console gaming is cheaper way to go you also have to factor in the price of a hi def tv if you dont already have one....computers hands down will always be more expensive but it s better quality in pc. if you are just a casual gamer then the console is the way to go, but if you want to get the most out of your games get more elusive title games pc is the way to go...its for the ppl who wnt to have more controll over their games and pc games always look and play better....You gotta think all these games are designed on computers and pc s are becoming more common than ever so in the next while you will see vast jumps in both the console and pc industry. By far decent PC will put a console to shame with graphics and load times not to mention what a high end gaming rig can do...personally I did not have my "mid" ranged rig with me for a weekend picked up a ps3 and returned it on the folloeing monday....gave it 3 days to impress me but it did not hold a match to what my rig can do. SSSOOO yes consoles cheaper but PC better

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009
@viper

Read the comparison i just wrote, consoles arent cheaper at all. They are only cheap if you are deluded into the 300usd hardware price. If you actually want to buy and play games PC is way cheaper.

Hardware is pointless without the software. A console makers business model revolves around selling cheaper hardware so they can get the customer onboard later only to charge more on any thing else, as seen with MS & Sony charging more on every game, not to mention the super expensive accessories.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

where I agree they rape you on the price of the new games but as I pointed out for the hard core gamer who wants the top of the line...hell even upper mid range rig will cost you more cuz your always getting the latest stuff...but for the casual gamer consoles are cheaper cuz most not all but most dont go out and buy the latest game out there or even get them used at a discount...I was simply saying that from personal experience I could have bought more that a console and 20 games that I spent just upgrading my rig with fancy gadgets that cost alot which is over kill but thats the difference from the hard core pc gamer and the casual console player

kashifme21

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2009

thats all optional Viper, thats the beauty of the PC platform you can either be casual and get a 600usd rig then buy all games when they are on discount on Steam or D2D, That would still be a lot cheaper then a casual gaming on console.

I personally bought games like bioshock 2 for 14usd, metro 2033 for 10usd, mafia 2 for 10usd few months after release. No way you can get those prices on console.

Or you can go hardcore and:

make a rig with insane specs, play on multiple monitors etc. With PC its all variable there is no such restriction as everyone is equal on Console it gives the user the choice on what they want to do.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

id have to disagree with that.within the next 20 years stand alone desktop pcs will be next to obsolete. they will and already have combined the console with the pc look at the I phone and stuff like that it combines everything into one small package and tech is jumping in leaps and bound I wouldn't be surprised even if it was in the next 10 years pc consoles will fall behind to the next gen.....evryone is alwys out and busy nowadays and these componies realize that, thats why it went from analog phones to i phone in 7 years thats a huge jump in tech right there. heck on the i phone 4 you can do almost as much as a low end pc can do, anyways and its just goin to skyrocket from there. Video chat on tablets etc...

sorry to say your post makes little sense to me... what are you disagreeing with...? I didn't talk about any iPhones... The talk was about consoles and pcs, nobody was talking about mobile phone gaming, which is even to this day well just what it says, mobile gaming. You give up quality for mobility, you give up power for mobility, you give up screen size for mobility. So please, when you want to make a point, compare similar things instead of trying to compare an elephant to a mouse and then saying "yo you wrong, mouse has fur!"
and if you wish to come back here and tell me that iphone is a console, I will stick you right back into where it came from and ask just exactly how many consoles has apple made? iPhone is a PHONE, organizer, mobile pc w/e but the last thing it could be is a console. If you wanted to bring up portables, look at NDS and PSP. Do you get good games there? yes Does the quality compare to consoles/pc? no, sorry, not a bit.
So unless you think that we will have iphones with quad cores in 20 years and dedicated graphics, you haven't disagreed with anything. But if you do think that iphones hardware will match high end pc hardware in 20 years, well, all I can say is: "keep thinking that, will get you far"

oh and one more thing, analog to digital in 7 years? 7 years is pretty long time... huge jump, yes. But did you consider the main driver behind the jump? it's cheaper for cellphone companies to support digital phones than analog ones...

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
I had to smile when I saw this thread. I started PC gaming 15 years ago and not a year goes by without a discussion on PC gaming v console gaming, or a prediction that PC gaming would die out.

What I’ve seen is two markets that have grown alongside one another and actually complement one another. In my view, consoles don’t offer anywhere near the capability of PCs…you simply can’t spend £300ish on a console and expect it to exceed the capabilities of a current i5-2500K based system with the latest graphics card. To be fair, that’s because the current console platforms are several years old! However, whilst I’m looking forward to seeing what the next-gen Xbox and PS4 offer, there’s no way they’ll leave a PC behind in the longer term. Sure, at the time they’re launched they may out-pace the current mid-range gaming PC, but give it six months. At the end of the day, a PC’s inherent upgradeability will see it past the console…it always has. If that wasn’t the case, we wouldn’t have a PC platform now. Fact is, every platform from the Megadrive & SNES up to the Xbox 360 & PS3 have at some point been touted as the ‘PC killer’. It’s not happened yet (and the infamous Xbox RROD showed it was actually quite good at killing itself, to the chagrin of owners everywhere.)

Ironically, I actually wonder if it’s the consoles that will start to come under threat to some extent. Online options that we’re starting to see like OnLive allow PCs that are 4 years old to run new PC games through the browser. For people who buy a console for casual once-in-a-while gaming, this may actually end up being a better option. People who want a gaming option may be happy with their laptop running a game through a web browser and not want to buy a console. We shall see.

At the end of the day, you’re always going to get people who want to just play a game and others who want to not only play a game, but have a say in what is running their game. For some, myself included, half the fun is tweaking the system. Some people have cars…I have a gaming rig (or so I justify it to my wife :wink:).

Anyway, I’ve cast my vote, but I think there should be a third option. ‘Both’.

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

First, sorry for paraphrasing your quote, but I wanted to high-light something. Anyone reading this thread will see why I've quoted as I have.

You're correct, technology is moving faster and faster. What makes you think that a PC is exempt from that? Unless console manufacturers change their business models and release a new platform every six months or so, they actually don't take advantage of the advancing technologies as much as a PC can. For a console, each new platform represents a step-change in the console gaming world. A PC increases in a gentler, more linear fashion. When I compare my new gaming rig (built a month or so ago) to my last one, the change in technology is huge, arguably even greater than the change from a PS2 to a PS3 / XBox to an XBox 360

No, they won't. There's not really such a thing as a next-gen PC. What there consistently is, is a current-gen PC. The phrase 'next generation' is measured from the frame of reference of the last generation, which represents older technology and capability. PCs have not stopped developing since they were first invented, and I doubt that they will.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

If you I didnt make my self clear sorry ......no need to stick anything anywhere lol...simply put in MY OPINION that its just the fact that as years go but everything is getting smaller faster better. thats really it. and the phone thing was a parellel in what they can do with tech in a short time. YES you are absolutly right apple is not a console maker but in MY OPINION everything WILL be mobile....Im not sayin this year or the next but the tech is commin up fast but I guess I got off a bit on the topic and went further than what the question was about.....FOR the NEXT gen in gaming pc will alwaysout do a cosole but consoles are wicked to they can do most of the things a comupter can do just not as fast

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

I don't think anyone would disagree with you when you say mobile technology is going to advance. And in 10 years it most likely will exceed a current PC system, gaming or otherwise. However, IMHO, you're incorrect when you say everything will be mobile. In the late 60s, NASA sent men to the moon with a computer that is a moron compared to my HTC. Technology in some areas is about making things smaller, faster and better but at the same time new technology is coming along in exisiting form-factors to advance those areas too. Mobiles have massive advantages to them in terms of convenience, but mobile platforms won't replace desktops / laptops etc.

Example. I've already said that I've been gaming for 15 years. One of my first games was the oiginal Civ in all its glory. Now we have Civ 5, in all its much-more-advanced glory. I play that, as it happens. However! We also have Civ on the iPad / iPhone...and it happens to look (more or less) the exact same as it did on my first PC (a 486!). If I had somehow been stuck in a timewarp and gone directly from my 486 days to now, there's a chance I'd have 'gone mobile' and just kept playing on the iPad - and why not? I'll not have experienced any of the advances in the last 15 years so I'd stick with what I know. But as that's not the case, and I've played the various iterations of Civ as it's advanced through the years to Civ 5, I wouldn't settle for the mobile version only. Fast forward 10, 15, 20 years and it'll be the same. Mobile technology is good and it's convenient, but it's been said in this thread already that you do make sacrifices in terms of quality and immersiveness to have a game on your phone. It currently doesn't offer anything that would make a PC gamer (or a console gamer, for that matter) pick it up and go 'Hang on, this is excellent, everything I need. I'm not going to use a static platform again.' In 10 - 20 years time, it may do so by current standards but the static platforms will have improved too...and people's expectations will have moved with it.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011

yes I agree with you too everything else WILL advance just like pc, consoles and mobiles but with the tablet out its just the beginning of a real mobile pc( besides laptops) Dont get me wrong I CANT see the future but I BELIEVE that the manufacturers are just moving along with the tech race.....just for say...."do you think NASA is using a 6 core cpu with their systems.....I might not have put that right but NO.... they are using tech that we the consumer wont see for the next ....well lets say 5 years to be generous to say the least.... there are processors that can run double or even triple to what is set to the general public for that in the same aspect you can look at cars and trucks.....there is the tech out there to run engines on water alone but every idea for that was bought out by the oil companies to monopolize the same goes with pcs and consoles they limit what goes out so they can stay in business and make a huge profit

Interesting thing, I had this similar discussion with my friend over the weekend and here's what we came down to.

We think that with advancement of mobile technology it has a chance to phase out the immobile standalone units. Why? well, lets say you have an iphone. You got all your needs covered there, it can browse the web, check email, place calls, it even has Skype, so you can make video calls over wireless rather than using regular data plan for internet. So, since you got such nicely packaged tech in the palm of your hand, why wouldn't you want to have it also serve as a console? say, you come to your friend's house and you want to show him the latest installment of the game you got. Well, you downloaded it to your phone from steam, so you got it with you, all you need to do is wirelessly connect to your friend's HDtv and you're in business.

there are a few problems with that nowadays:
- battery life: iphones and such simply don't have the power to support high levell performance chips that would be required to play the games at the same level as a console. now a way to deal with that would be just plug your iphone in, and let it work from an outlet when it needs to do all that performance calcs needed for gaming. seems like a decent idea but then, you taking away that awesome portability the iphone had, so what would be a better way to about it? wireless charging mode! we all have seen those special pads by duracell and such where you just have to put your mobile device on top of it and it will charge, awesome right? just expand that technology so it can have a little adapter on the wall in the ac jack and you can be standing within 10-20 feet with your iphone to get the full power of the outlet and still maintain the awesome portability of iphone.
- controller: iphone only gets a few side buttons and on-screen keys, far from what we came to expect from a wireless xbox controller. BUT since it's a wireless controller, why not have an option of connecting your xbox controller instead of xbox to your iphone? so you basically only providing HDtv + controller and your iphone does all the work.
- size: and I think this is the biggest problem of all: we all know in order for the iphone to be as slim as it is today, it had to use those extra small and battery efficient cpus,memory modules, etc etc. point is if iphones ever come close to standalone consoles the chips will have to match the size you can put into a console. and currently, there's a huge difference.

so that was my friend's 2 cents that he had to offer up and the problems and possible solutions I've found with that argument, but, as someone had already mentioned in this thread - there seem to be a new service emerging that lets people run latest games on crappy PCs over the internet. Wait a moment, but if you only need a high speed internet and a crappy pc to do it, why can't you do it on your iphone then?

I think, the combination of this "run game remotely" service and iphone is the possible future for the gaming world.

---- here I'll go off topic a bit so if you think that is a worthy discussion maybe we should make a separate thread for this ------

Also, one thing that i noticed some folks don't like about Steam - no physical media of the game that you own. Yeah sure it's great and awesome to have steam store all your games and you just have to log in and download whatever you want to play. But at the same time, you have people that love those collector editions, with those extra little figurines of main characters or special art books or extra dvds on game's development, etc etc. Basically people that love their gaming to the point that they wish to collect their gaming experience and have a physical copy of it.

Another thing, PC gaming has seen a lot of pirating, consequently, PC game publishers have come up with ridiculous array of various DRM options to keep the profits rolling in. Steam was part of this too, but now, once you own a PC game, you can't sell it so easily to another person. Sadly. However, consoles still retain this option, if you bought your own copy of the new game, there's no DRM preventing you from selling that DVD to someone else 5 years from now.

-----------------------------------------

So coming back to future of gaming, the main feature that consoles have over iphone currently - CD/DVD/BD-rom over iphones well nothingness. So, basically, unless the industry moves away completely from physical game media, mobile gaming will be problematic.

Cheers folks, hope everyone had a good memorial day!

ineedaname8

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
In my opinion I would stick with PC gaming just because it costs barely more than consoles or less if you consider the fact that 99% of people who buy an xbox also have a computer that they paid at least $500 or more for so if you add the price of an xbox to that its the same as a gaming PC.

And for the fact you get a better quality of gaming as in mods, better graphics and the ability to change settings, and imo it seems there is more communication and teamwork while on pc because when im on xbox there are always idiots screaming and not helping your team win.