Problems with internet connections to xbox 360

cyn48_2009

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
My son has a an Xbox 360 in his room and I hooked up a 50 ft cable wire to his xbox to the computer/internet in the living room. It was working fine until I tried to fasten the wires to the wall and all of sudden he lost connection to the internet. I bought another new cable wire and hooked it up and its still not working so it wasn't the cable wire. Why can't he get a connection anymore? Please help! Thank you! Cindy

7dragons

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
Are there any fluorescent lights along the path of the wiring? Like near a kitchen or bathroom, maybe? I read somewhere that fluorescent lights emit a signal that messes with computer wiring, like ethernet cables. I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, but we usually get to solutions by crossing off the list everything that isn't causing the problem. That's about the only thing I can think of (externally), though you may want to check the system settings of the 360 to make sure there's a valid Live account (meaning that the suscription didn't expire) and that all the internet settings are good.