Fable III - Discussion

Just wanted to get another opinion on the Fable III version for the PC, nothing in particular just general thoughts, likes/dislikes etc.

I am about 3 hours in and enjoying it a lot, but I have also heard bad things about it. I went for a sword/rifle route and and spend a bit of time working for gold to buy up some real estate to get some funds flowing early on in the game. Some of the items I have noticed so far.

- Graphics appear to be a bit buggy, and stutters at times. Especially when doing the mini-games for gold such as lute playing or pie making. My computer isn't the problem as I have a very competent gaming rig.

- I really like the whole concept of the santuary and having everything available in one place. Although it makes saving a bit tedious rather than just pressing Esc + save.

- I like the easy integration of mouse/keyboard with game controller. For example, I have both plugged in and I use the game controller the majority of the time, but when I'm using my rifle long distance I prefer the mouse/keyboard which I can just switch to without toggling anything.

Just looking to start a discussion on the game more than anything. I know it's been out for the X360 for quite some time but I've only started it with pc.

As well if you have any general tips/hints that would help out in the early game I would appreciate it.
8 answers Last reply
More about fable discussion
  1. This is about as bad as a game with this much money behind it's development can get. It's shallow, uneven, the pacing is terrible, the story sucks, the end of the game is mind-blowingly stupid and terrible, and there is very little to redeem the experience. But after all it depends on the people's mind.
  2. I haven't played it yet. I really enjoyed the first game though.

I've been wondering how the co op works on PC? Is there LAN support? Just online? Local?
  3. As far as I can tell, the only co-op available is online and not through local.
  4. wolfram23 said:
    I haven't played it yet. I really enjoyed the first game though.

I've been wondering how the co op works on PC? Is there LAN support? Just online? Local?

I also liked the original Fable. Never played 2 because I'm more into the Fate series. Anyway, I will check in to read your opinions. Question - do you need to play Fable 2 to play 3?
    Thanks
    Dave
  5. stillerfan15 said:
    I also liked the original Fable. Never played 2 because I'm more into the Fate series. Anyway, I will check in to read your opinions. Question - do you need to play Fable 2 to play 3?
    Thanks
    Dave

no you dont have to play fable 2 to play fable 3 I dont know the reason for that question but thought i would answer anyways
  6. To transfer a character with equipment and experience like you can in the Fate series. Thanks for the answer.
    Dave
  7. Ahhh makes sense...gotta love it when you can carry your character over to the next game they put out. I like that feature alot. reason I asked as I loved fable...skipped fable 2 now just got fable 3 have not even started it yet... been on here for to long haha
  8. eh ive played all three, this one lacks the upgrades that the first one had, ie the whole u getting bulky when u upg strength, or lanky when u upg agility, but it does portray some visable images, u dont really look like satan end game as u did in fable 2, and u dont have halo's with butterflies floating around, as fable 1, but its still a good game nontheless, ignore harrywinston, the games story "makes sense" and is decently playable and replayable, giving you the option of a woman or man also adds to the story aswell, basically it has more of a replay value than previous ones
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games