All my games are crashing_Powerful PC

jtgolden1s

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Almost all of my games are crashing to desktop. As you can see below I have a rather powerful pc and all my games run max and good FPS around 60. Battlefield Bad Company 2 runs between 50-60 fps maxed all the way out but it crashes all the time. Same with Dragon Age 2 almost maxed out. Why is this happening I have the newest drivers.

MaxxOmega

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
PC is not all that powerful, if you got it over clocked STOP. Put it back to normal speed...

your overclock is the problem. your on a stock cooler so your system is collapsing when it gets to warm. stock coolers dont oc that well as they are made with specific thermal limits in mind. the turbo mode allows it the cpu to oc to 3.7 on 3 cores and keeps the temps down by disabling the other 3. if you have manually oc'd the cpu all 6 cores will run at 3.7 but this means your co0ller wont be able to cope. causing it to either collapse or throttle.

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
overclocking is your problem on your "OVRCLKD @ 3.7GHZ on Stock Cooler|"
keyword here is Stock Cooler, you need a better cooler if you want to OC very high.
I am running an AMD BE edition on a stock cooler and only got 2 extra gigs before it went crazy.

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Im not thinking its your cpu. but the 6 core is not as good as the 4 core for gaming for the simple reason that it does not utilize all cores when playing. The six core is made more for 3d apps and other none gaming apps to do the calculations faster. but your games wont use the six cores. I believe its in you gpu temps or overclock on that end. especially for BC2. I just helped a few others with this and I told them to under clock the card and I got positive feed back on that.... so Im goin to lean to your gpu

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
Also it would be good to point out if you think you have a problem with your overclocking with certain games having issues then save your setting revert back to stock settings and try from there

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Exact same thing happened to me with my gaming PC. Turned out I had OCed it too far for my cooling and permanently damaged the 12V rail, meaning that whenever anything intensive (eg games) was launched, the PC would lose power and crash.

OCing is likely your problem as all the wise people in this thread have said. Good luck with your PC - hope it gets sorted :)

Uther39

Distinguished
The answer to your problem is an easy one.....

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro CPU Cooler

HS-000-BQ_400.jpg

The Be Quiet! Dark Rock PRO combines maximum cooling efficiency with a pleasantly quiet operation. With an extremely low noise level, efficient cooling is provided for gaming, multimedia and CAD systems even at maximum processing power. This CPU cooler is enhanced by the high-quality materials used, as well as its attractive design.

- Two 120-mm SilentWings PWM fans guarantee the best ratio of cooling efficiency to noise level
- The wave-shaped contour of the cooling lamellas prevents noises and optimises the airflow
- The fan surfaces are coated in dark nickel
- The brushed, fully aluminium cover connects the fan to a closed unit
- The stable backplate ensures a shockproof attachment, even when transporting the computer
- Extremely efficient up to more than 220 watts of cooling performance
- LGA 775 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366, AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / 754 / 939 / 940
- Noise Levels: 12-25 dBA
- Fan Speed: 1700 RPM
- Air Flow: up to 93.3 CFM
- PWM enabled
- Dimensions: 133 x 150 x 166 (L x W x H)

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Ooooh.....sorry for a slight hijack, but you've just made me wonder. Can you put a third fan on that heatsink? I'm thinking of upgrading to it and I was wondering if it could be configured in such a way.