Which is a better buy xbox 360 or ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid556

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
ugh. which i heard that ps3 has better graphics and the 360 has better gameplay, i cant seem which one to choose cuz their both good. :sweat:

sorav

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010

Both of them have almost no difference, mainly the difference is between the textures quality, which is a bit better on Xbox 360(as it is like a pc and could process the textures well). which one should you buy? well it purely depends upon the games you like and what your friends have. Some games like God of war 3 , infamous 1 and 2, uncharted are exclusive to PS3 while some games like Gears of war 2,3 and Halo 3 are exclusive to Xbox 360 only. just decide which games you wanna play.If your friends have PS3 and are on Playstation network then you should buy ps3 or you'll not be able to play online(multiplayer) with them.Xbox 360 has Xbox live which is a differnet network from PSN.so now you might be able to pick the you really want. :)

ApexBoost

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I'm glad to see that there aren't any fanboys (Xbox or PS3) blindly recommending their favorite console.

Sorav and Antizig covered it pretty well, it's really just a personal choice at this point. I own both, started with a 360 when it first came out and picked up a PS3 last year. I prefer to play on the 360 but find myself on the PS3 far more often since most of my friends have them.

I like the Xbox controller more and the entire Xbox Live user interface over PSN. As far as PS3, I like the web browser, built in rechargeable batteries for the controllers and the built in wi-fi (I have the old 360 pro so no wifi).

Both have their fair share of good exclusives, just look into them both and decide what kind of gaming experiences you're looking for.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

PS3 has the advantage of having a faster cpu and having blu ray disks. in case you dont know you can take steel wool to a blu ray disk and it will still work. ive seen it done. also you can fit more data on a blu ray disk so they can add more detail to the game for the PS3 games.

I recommend making a list of games or types of games you want to play. Then check to see if any are exclusive to either platform.

Assuming all the games you want to play are available for both, then consider the multiplayer aspect of each console. I do not own any console, but I think the PS3 online is free while Xbox has a monthly fee. It seems while Xbox online feature is not free, many gamers seem to prefer it over the PS3.

When in doubt... buy a Wii.

:) :) :)

bdizzle11

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
I would say 360. To me the controller feels better in my hand and Im a big fan of the halo series (although now that thats ending it isnt as big as an advantage). Paying for XBL is kind of annoying but in general its a better service than PSN. One thing i miss of not having a PS3 is the blueray. Your choice!

ceew

Distinguished
May 31, 2011
I have both.

Playing

seriously, the graphics on both machines are entirely equal..
any differences, your just not going to notice anyway.. sorry fanboys..

Online Mutiplayer

ps3 free!!
xbox 90$ each year

Price
Both machines are approximately about the same price..
also ps3 has a buray player for watching movies

Hacking ability
Ps3 very easy depending on firmware of machine (you can do it yourself)
Xbox360 difficult only possible on older machines and certain newer machines (need professional help)

.... Currently (May 2011) with all hacking methods you lose the ability to play online with the official networks....
xlink kai is an option but needs setting up, (more games currently supported for xbox360)

Motion controllers
ps3 move.. works well but limited titles currently available.. sport games are fun though..
kinect .. acquiring next week.. even less titles are available (motion capture for budding film makers 3d etc..)

I would recommend the PS3

because:
Bluray player
Total Cost of Ownership .. (yearly multiplayer costs with xbox360)

cheers

TRexHunter

Distinguished
May 17, 2007
Ceew, where do you live that Live costs $90/year? It's $59.99 MSRP for a 12 month card in the US, but it can easily be found on sale for less.

But to answer the TC's question:
If you enjoy online multiplayer, the 360 is a no-brainer. There always seem to be more people playing the 360 version of a game compared to that of a PS3 game. Live is a very good and well-polished service compared to PSN, and is well worth the price of admission. The 360 also is better for FPS's, while the PS3 tends to lean better towards single player games.

Just look at the exclusives and see which ones you'd want to play more. I know when I bought my PS3 back when Metal Gear Solid 4 came out, it was that and MLB The Show that made me get a PS3 before a 360. There wasn't a good baseball game on Xbox at the time (I don't know how 2k11 is, but I can guarantee it doesn't hold a candle to the The Show).

That said, wait until after E3 before purchasing anything. We're under a week away, and now would be when you see a price drop on the hardware. And it wouldn't surprise me to see one.

stephen-mc

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
well the ps3 has free online better graphics , but not very convient(online is bit more complex) and the controllers arent very well designed. xbox has good online. you can talk with up to 8 of your friends even on different games and videos(tips hints and e3 coverage) updated daily but with the subscription of £5 a month.But you should get whatever console that you have friends on.

theone1223

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I have both systems, To me the experience of multiplayer on Xbox is much better than that on the Ps3. Also the PlayStation controller feels cheap and like it will snap in half if you squeeze too hard on it. In the end if i had to choose one over the other id keep my 360 for a few reasons including that all my friends ive made on there over the last 5 years. But when it comes to graphics and such you nor i could tell the difference by looking at them side by side, so that's not a issue. It comes down to the facts if you will be playing a lot online then go for the Xbox, if you want a
Blu-ray then go for the ps3 but above all id go with wich one my friends have as others have said.

If your friend was stupid enough to throw his controller on the ground, he deserves to have it broken. Controllers, any controller, is not meant to be thrown, but held.

I can easily tell you about the time that my friend dropped (not thrown) his xbox controller and the left joystick no longer worked.

The point is, don't use your controller in ways they aren't meant to be. Now please, stick to more valid points.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

whats suck up your ass? come on man, if you are not guilty of throwing a controller you atleast know someone who has if not your a lier. the point is the controller broke throwing it onto carpet which if it was built strong probably wouldnt have happened and it is a valid point.

Nothing is stuck in my butt. Just trying to get valid points across. I don't like being called a liar either. No, I've never thrown a controller. They cost $50 so why would I risk breaking it? If I'm that frustrated with a game, it's time to take a break and walk away from it for a bit.

Do I know people that have thrown controllers, sure I do, but when their controller breaks or no longer works, I have no sympathy for them nor do I blame the controller for being cheaply built. THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE THROWN!

Also, you initially said it bounced off the floor and hit his tv. He must have thrown it pretty hard to get it to bounce off a carpeted floor.

Anyhow, I don't want this to turn into an argument. I'm just pointing out that breaking a controller by throwing it doesn't make a valid point. If you had said something like after 3 hours of intensive gaming the right joystick snapped off, then I might agree that the controller is built cheap.

BTW, I enjoy both xbox and ps3, so to the OP, I say you will enjoy whichever console you get.

valestrom

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I have had both, but I currently own my ps3. And not being a fanboy, but I would never go back. My xbox got 3 red rings in 4 years, haven't had one problem with my ps3 yet, i like the controller (my personal opinion), free online play, plus one of the main reasons, is that I didn't have to go out and buy a blu-ray player to watch blu-rays. It was already there.

skulltac

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
I I prefer the Xbox. Even though you have to pay for online you get features like party chat and I find myself just talking with friends more than I even play the games lol. Also it has games like Halo and I love all of those games and Halo 4 is coming out next year I hope and it will be insanely good.

tph15

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
ok it really just depends on what you like. although im a ps3 guy it is true that xbox has more online players and it has halo but it cost 60$ a year to play online. ps3 has imo better games such as infamous 2 which is the best game I have ever played and it is free to play online. ps3 also has blu ray.
xbox has a better controller for fps games and ps3 has a better controller for third person games. so really which system you choose is based on your preference. if you choose ps3 tho, welcome to the network

RentACopTN

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
It's all a matter of preference. The only real upside to the PS3 is the BluRay player...but I don't watch movies enough to get it for that feature. I have had an XBox 360 for many years now, mainly because all my friends have it, so online play is that much more fun. Yes, the PS3 online is free, but is $50 a year really that much for a great online experience? I don't think so.
In the end, it's your decision. Don't base it off these "Brand Loyal Morons" Just make a decision for yourself.

hivetyrant36

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Get the Gameboy color... I kid,
But really, from my point of view, here is how it works

If you like RPG's and watching movies/music then go PS3.
If you like FPS's and games that require you to play them a lot to keep good, get 360.

All in all, PS3 is for media, and 360 is for Teens and under...

360's video playback sux, but the PS3's profile system sux too.
PS3 = general media, Xbox360 =games only.

Status
Not open for further replies.