KT133A Chipset and Internal Zip drive

G

Hello all,
I am preparing to upgrade an old k62-450 and although I want to get a KT133a based motherboard, I have serious concerns about compatibility. The one question I pose to you all is ... Does you internal ATAPI 100 mb zip drive work properly in ANY KT133a motherboard? I fear I will be forced to pay more money for less speed (Intel) to insure a smooth runnning system. Please share you experiences. Thanks

On a side note to Tom and other reviewers -
Although I love to see the perfomance of new products (alot!). It seems that including common hardware, like zip drives CD-RW and sound cards would help us all greatly. I dont really want the fastest setup if it means I cant use a good sound card or zip drive or what ever I want. Anyway, just something to think about. Thanks
Hazyblue

HazyBlue

dmcmahon

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
I have a Zip 250 in my A7V133 using the same chip set and it works fine. It's on my secondary IDE and I'm using an old-style 40-condutor IDE cable. I haven't tested the Zip 100 but have no reason to think it would not work. I also have not tested an 80-conductor UDMA cable (the device just isn't fast enough to matter).