Netgear MA311 task tray utility trouble

Hi,

I recently bought a Netgear MA311 wireless router/modem and PCI
adapter card.
I downloaded the most recent driver for it from the netgear support
site and installed in on a Amd Athlon T-Bird based PC running XPpro.

Weird thing is, the connection works, I am actually using it to access
the internet right now, but the Adapter configuration utility in the
task tray appears 'red crossed'.
Can't access it by clicking the task tray icon, the shortcut in the
programs bar, or the program itself in the Program files dir.

XP hardware manager shows hardware is installed and works properly
(well it does actually, but I can't configure anything).

Anyone knows this problem, and even better, has an idea how to resolve
it?

Thanks in advance

Ben
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear ma311 task tray utility trouble

    "Ben" <lavooy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently bought a Netgear MA311 wireless router/modem and PCI
    > adapter card.
    > I downloaded the most recent driver for it from the netgear support
    > site and installed in on a Amd Athlon T-Bird based PC running XPpro.
    >
    > Weird thing is, the connection works, I am actually using it to
    access
    > the internet right now, but the Adapter configuration utility in the
    > task tray appears 'red crossed'.
    > Can't access it by clicking the task tray icon, the shortcut in the
    > programs bar, or the program itself in the Program files dir.
    >
    > XP hardware manager shows hardware is installed and works properly
    > (well it does actually, but I can't configure anything).
    >
    > Anyone knows this problem, and even better, has an idea how to
    resolve
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Ben

    Do you have the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network setting?
    checked in the connection properties?

Netgear Internet Wireless Networking