HP900 recovery failed

Hi

A friend has a hp pavilion 900.

It is completly trashed , in that Nortons Antivirus finds 250+ files whiche
are wffected with womrs etc , adaware got up to 7000+ criticla objects then
failed. Notepad , IE , Kodak easyshare and loads more software give virus
warnings through Nortons.

He has decided to wipe it clean and start from scratch. He has no windows XP
disc so we will be buying a copy tomorrow. Will this install straight on ,
or will there be issues with drivers.

Brian
1 answer Last reply
More about hp900 recovery failed

    There are potentially issues with drivers missing on the Windows XP media, for
    sure if the computer was designed and built after XP was packaged up and shipped
    by Micro$oft... Ben Myers

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:05:42 GMT, "Big Brian"
    <brian.glospamver2@blueyonder.spam.spam.co.uk> wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >A friend has a hp pavilion 900.
    >
    >It is completly trashed , in that Nortons Antivirus finds 250+ files whiche
    >are wffected with womrs etc , adaware got up to 7000+ criticla objects then
    >failed. Notepad , IE , Kodak easyshare and loads more software give virus
    >warnings through Nortons.
    >
    >He has decided to wipe it clean and start from scratch. He has no windows XP
    >disc so we will be buying a copy tomorrow. Will this install straight on ,
    >or will there be issues with drivers.
    >
    >Brian

Hewlett Packard Data Recovery Computers