Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360 updates

Last response: in Video Games
May 28, 2011 1:14:10 PM

Hi all,

I have recently bought xbox 360 for the children, and not yet got the spare cash to get them online, my issue is this...my children not only want to play games but also to watch movies on the xbox however the xbox message is i need media updates.
I have downloaded the updates from xbox.com, unzipped the file on to my desktop then copied the unzipped folder onto both a disc and a usb pendrive, nothing happens when i restart the xbox it wont update automaticaly, it just say's " mixed media disc " i have tried over and over again to restart and re-install both disc and usb pendrive but still the same message, the usb pendrive should be easier to install the updates ( i have been told ! )

Please help me out anyone as this issue is starting to wear very thin, the children are desparate to what there favorite movies in HD.

many thank....Tech3

More about : xbox 360 updates

May 28, 2011 2:37:00 PM

If you have an ethernet cable you could connect to xbox live through your computer or plug it in from your router/modem directly into the back of your xbox. Then you could create a free account (on every new xbox u can create 3 new one month online accounts) and u could just download the updates directly onto your xbox which would be easier.
May 30, 2011 12:45:12 PM

tcfraz said:
If you have an ethernet cable you could connect to xbox live through your computer or plug it in from your router/modem directly into the back of your xbox. Then you could create a free account (on every new xbox u can create 3 new one month online accounts) and u could just download the updates directly onto your xbox which would be easier.

Hi !

i'm currently streaming off a friend so i have no router just internet connection, but he says if i buy a wireless adapter for the xbox he will up his router speed for the kids to go gaming and download any updates we require, would buying a wireless adapter for the xbox work ! will my xbox pick up all the information from his router to my xbox correctly for this to work (IE) IP address sub gateway...mask gateway...and so on, could realy do with some help on this one for sure, because theres no way i will spend £40 on the adapter and finding out the adapter wont pick up the relivent information.

Hope you can help me out once more as i dont have any idea on how xbox and routers work together,
Many thanks and take care.
!