A7M266 Problem?

G

I have an A7M266 with an 1.333 tbird, 256 micron 2100 ddr and an Asus GEforce 2 32 meg video adapter. When I first installed all this stuff, everything worked great for about 2 weeks. Then it started. I am having system lock-up problems using Mechwarrior 4 and occasionally when I have to reboot it will lock when about halfway loged into Windows 98(SE). I just installed Tribes 2 and it won't even run. If I try to run 3D benchmark it locks my system during the second test. I got to looking at my motherboard settings and I discovered that the default settings for the VIO1 and VIO were not set properly at the factory. VIO1 was running 2.8v instead of 2.7v and VIO was at 3.45 instead of 3.30v. Is it possible the RAM was damaged by this or the chipset. I have a new power supply on the way in case that is the problem. I am currently using a pcpowercooling Turbo-cool 300 atx, but I think it should have been sufficent. I have tried various drivers for the video and the via 4 in 1s. Even did a fresh windows install. Nothings seems to work. Please Help.

the_stranger

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
To get the ram down to 2.5v (thus DDR specification) pull the VIO1 jumper completely, it's a nice little undocumented feature :)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by the_stranger on 05/07/01 02:50 AM.</EM></FONT></P>