Unexplained Lag

Alright, I've been playing WoW for about 2 months now.
And its been running 200FPS highest settings ect.
But in the past 2 or 3 days it has started getting really laggy, especially during PVP.
It'll run fine and then the whole game will just freeze for 2-5 seconds and then I'll continue playing.. 5 seconds later, this will happen again, and again, and again.
My internet is fine and in the options tooltip it says I still run at 200FPS.
I can use other programs while this lag happens, so its not the computer freezing. Even when I turn the settings down to the lowest, fiddle with vetrical sync and fullscreen. Nothing works.
I just formatted my computer hoping it would help and it did nothing. No other programs experience any lag. Any help would be greatly appreaciated :)

Specs:
- AMD 965BE X4 @ 3.4GHz
- AMAZE ATI HD5770
- ASUS M4A87TD EVO
- OCZ 4GB DDR3 Ram
6 answers Last reply
More about unexplained
  1. What's your ping?

It could be the server, or it could be your DSL. Seeing as everything else works ok, it doesn't sound like a hardware problem.

There's a tool in the options menu that supposedly decreases ping at the cost of FPS I think, or something similar. Try checking that, and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache, running security scans etc etc, and running the Blizzard auto-repair tool.

Just a note, when I played WoW, I found that certain programs would really affect it more than others. iTunes caused WoW to become far slower in terms of FPS/ms. Try running WoW on it's own, with nothing else running and see if that makes any difference?

If nothing works then I think it's likely your server, or your home connection.

Good luck, I hope it sorts itself out :)
  2. Pingtest.net, if you haven't found a test yet. Bad ping/internet problems don't always show up in normal browsing.
  3. I recopied wow from my netbook to my PC and it worked, so it must have been a corrupt file or something, thanks for the help though :)
  4. Try deleting any AddOns you're using that aren't from Blizzard. Also make sure that your internet security suite isn't running a scan or anything like that in the background. It could also be worth seeing if your drivers are up-to-date, although I expect this isn't the issue. Also, if it's working on your other machine, a reinstall may work (although as already mentioned, the Blizzard repair tool is quite good too).
  5. sounds like packet loss.
  6. To the last two answers.. I said I'd already fixed it?
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Lag World Of Warcraft Video Games