Sign in with
Your question

WoW Account Sales?

Last response: in Video Games
May 30, 2011 9:26:52 AM

Are WoW account sale threads permitted here at toms hardware? Just wondering before I make a thread. :p 

More about : wow account sales

May 30, 2011 9:50:33 AM

Is it legal to sell your WoW account?
May 30, 2011 9:56:54 AM

It's illegal to sell, trade or even gift a Battle.net Account.
Related resources
May 30, 2011 10:04:02 AM

Herr_Koos said:
Is it legal to sell your WoW account?
Durp. Plenty of people do it anyway — my question was whether or not if was permitted here at toms hardware.

Thanks for the clarification. <3
May 30, 2011 10:47:28 AM

Nihilis said:
It's illegal to sell, trade or even gift a Battle.net Account.

That should answer your question then. No topics regarding illegal activities, please.
May 30, 2011 8:09:30 PM

Its not actually illegal, only according to blizzard. Tomshardware wouldnt be at risk of anything as only the seller of the account would get in trouble and even then it would only be with blizzard not the law...
May 31, 2011 12:53:07 AM

Quote:
9.2 Account. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN THE ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO THE ACCOUNT ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD. Blizzard does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void.

Taken from the Battle.net Terms of Use. Any Battle.net account is not yours to give, sell, trade or exchange, and they could therefore technically take you to court over trying to do so. *edit:* especially Activi$ion - since they took over there's been a noticeable difference to the PR of WoW.
May 31, 2011 1:14:42 AM

I highly doubt they're going to take you to court, I've been selling/trading accounts for over 4 years and have been caught plenty, nothings happened to me. They just email you asking for verification that you're the owner and if you don't reply they'll simply suspend your account until you can provide them with the information they need.
May 31, 2011 4:21:50 AM

Oh well, I guess I'll just sell a piece of paper with the words "7 85s, main is item level 372 (full best in slot) — only $500" on it. Eheheh.
!