Total War Shogun 2

hey guys. last week i bought shogun 2 to play. i activated the game from steam and i installed it from the disc. when i try to run the game in directx 11 a white screen comes up and then it stucks. when i try to open it with diretx 9 it opens normally as every game opens BUT without any VISUAL. i here intro's music, menu's buttons effects but no visual then i installed the game again. no good... please help.
my system is:
windows 7 64-bit
intel 2nd generation i7 2600
sapphire hd 6970 2 gb
16 gb RAM
all drivers updated windows fully updated drectx 11 installed and working without problem in heaven benchmark
11 answers Last reply
More about total shogun
  1. Zylen92 said:
    are you sure?.. they pathed it as i know

Yeah you're right it is now as of this month.
    You have CCC 11.5 installed?
  2. davcon said:

yes i installed it last week
  3. by the way, i downloaded the link you gave me, it made some updates. i'm installing the game again. in 20 minutes i will write the result
  4. davcon said:

no good. still not opening
  5. Hey
    You installed it to a disk, or from a disk? Did you purchase it through Steam?
  6. shane799 said:
    Hey
    You installed it to a disk, or from a disk? Did you purchase it through Steam?

from a dvd. no i purchased from a store and activated via steam
  7. Zylen92 said:
    by the way, i downloaded the link you gave me, it made some updates. i'm installing the game again. in 20 minutes i will write the result

you are installing the game as Admin right?
  8. davcon said:
    you are installing the game as Admin right?

what do you mean :S
  9. This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Video Games by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games