Imaging – Scanner or scanner handler error

ovoco5

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2001
Hi all,

I’ve got this constant error message with imaging that is preventing me from scanning in anything.
After I select my device (which in this case is a Fujitsu Limited Twain) I then select Acquire Image, after this I receive a message (headed) - IMAGING – (and body text of) Scanner or scanner handler error.
This is what I have tried to do to remedy the problem:
1. Checked my one and only Scsi cable for connectivity,
2. Uninstalled/reinstalled Imaging,
3. Uninstalled / Reinstalled my Fujitsu Limited Twain driver;
4. Uninstalled / Reinstalled my Fujitsu M4097D scanner.
The above being in vein has left me facing a brick wall. I have two other pc’s set up with exactly the same configuration and they work perfectly well, the other point I’d like to make is that under a 14 day evaluation version that I downloaded it worked fine!!!
The configuration is as follows:
Microsoft Windows XP professional SP2, 512 MB of ram, the Fujitsu scanner is of the SCSI variety, it’s plugged into an adaptec AHA-2930CU PCI controller, this I believe is all that is relevant.
Under windows 2000 professional it worked like a dream, the only difference here being that it’s a newer operating system and of course it didn’t come shipped with XP but instead was purchased separately.

G

The problem of the scanner error still persists.i.e can't locate device;check cable and power.
am using canon DR 5010C with windows XP and Ms office 2007.what could be the challenge here?