IWILL KA266R

G

I was reading the articale about the DDR boards and noticed something disappointing. I looked and saw you were using IWILL KA266R v1.1. v1.3 is been out for months now, why wasn't it reviewed instead? Anyone who purchased v1.2 was able to return it and get v1.3 free of charge,I think v1.1 was able to be returned too. No one has reviewd a v1.1 for awhile now. Most reviews were done using v1.2 and v1.3. I have v1.3 and its the most stable board I ever used. I was able to take a 1.2 Athlon C with 512 megs of Crucial PC2100 and up the FSB to 143 and cpu muiltplier to 10.5. It runs fine at 1.5ghz. I tested it for two weeks straight and not once did it crash. This board was rated best in stability and overclocking. I have never seen such poor reviewing on this site before. I think you should do an update on your review using the IWILL KA266R v1.3. Someone there let the ball drop on this one.

G

I noticed the same thing Paco.

The review basically stated that the ALI chipset has still not matured yet. But it looks to me that the review needs to mature to catch up to KA266 version 1.3.

G

I think the ALI chipset has matured quite nicely. I have yet to have any stability issuses. I've seen benchmarks with the 1.3 on AMDZone and its beating the other chipsets. The difference is not apparent to the user but non the less it does beat it.