Sign in with
Your question

Should I be running full graphics with these specs?

Last response: in Video Games
June 1, 2011 10:19:35 PM

Hey there, i'm pretty sure i'm not the first, in fact, I know i'm not the first, i'm possibly one of the many thousand that have asked similar questions, related to the popular MMO RPG, World of Warcraft.
However, my question is - Should I be running at Ultra Graphics, 8x Multisampling and 16x Anistrophic Filtering, (Minus full Shadow effects) with these specs?

GPU-GTS 250
4GB of Ram
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD x4 955 BE CPU

The thing that puts me off running at Ultra, is the fact that my recommended settings are based around "Good". However, i'm never running below 60fps unless i'm in the middle of a major City, crammed with people, were i'm mabye brought down by 5-20 fps. I'm quite fussy about the game details, as it's possibly the only game I really sit down to play now and then.

I was thinking of possibly upgrading my GFX card, and adding another 2GB of ram. Not just for game releated reasons. But I believe my card at the moment is a 512MB, I recieved it new but (Overclocked). /shrug.

Any tips, advice or whatever is appreciated. Thanks!
June 1, 2011 10:21:19 PM

I believe your graphics card would be the only thing holding you back. Your processor is fine and 4gb of ram is enough. Try upgrading your graphics card and you should be good to go.
June 1, 2011 10:26:00 PM

Ah, cool. Would you recommend any Cards that i'd be able to run with my system?
I have a 750 Watt PSU, and a M3A32-MVP Deluxe 790FX Motherboard. As well as the above specs. Thanks for the quick response!
Related resources
June 1, 2011 10:28:17 PM

What's your price range and is WoW one of the main games you play?
June 1, 2011 10:31:30 PM

Price range would be anything under £140 max. Well, I play various games, when I have time or something decent is released. But lately, it's just been WoW.
June 1, 2011 10:42:56 PM

Thanks! I'll look into it, trying to find out if my PC would be able to handle it, i'm not overlly experienced with computers, so I don't want to go out, buy something then it turns out I don't have enough juice to run it or something just wont connect. :s
June 1, 2011 10:57:54 PM

FCHatred said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... That should do the trick, it's cheap and it's powerful. That should run WoW ultra settings, however I'd get a second opinion just in case, as I don't have WoW installed and I haven't recieved my 5770 yet.

I just noticed the card is DDR5. I think at the moment, with my motherboard, i'm running on DDR2. Not sure if I can upgrade to DDR3-5. Would this interfere with my system or is it just the cards specs?
June 1, 2011 11:00:43 PM

Your perfectly fine. The DDR5 on the card is just it's bandwidth I believe. It's nothing more but making the card faster. It won't interfere with anything else. Plus, RAM only goes up to DDR3.
June 1, 2011 11:02:37 PM

FCHatred said:
Your perfectly fine. The DDR5 on the card is just it's bandwidth I believe. It's nothing more but making the card faster. It won't interfere with anything else. Plus, RAM only goes up to DDR3.

Brilliant, well, i'm pretty happy with the overall reviews of the card. I'll just check around to see if I have the right ports etc. I'm pretty sure I do, my case is huge, and there's a lot of space to expand. Thanks for all the support, pal!
June 1, 2011 11:07:40 PM

Not a problem. Hope it all goes good and you may want to look on youtube of gameplay of that card. I found a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cMkBL1Zrw just hit read more description and you guys have somewhat similar specs besides ram. He gets nice FPS for 1920x1080 resolution.
June 1, 2011 11:19:13 PM

FCHatred said:
Not a problem. Hope it all goes good and you may want to look on youtube of gameplay of that card. I found a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cMkBL1Zrw just hit read more description and you guys have somewhat similar specs besides ram. He gets nice FPS for 1920x1080 resolution.

Just watched it, brilliant :)  The PSU I stated above, I believe it's a higher spec than his, my "750 Watt OEM ATX PSU". That's the only part I was worried about, but all seems good! Cheers once again!
June 1, 2011 11:53:01 PM

For a system like that, you'd be fine on a decent 500W PSU.
!