Help! K7 Master won't boot.

G

Have AMD 1.33Mhz, 266 FSB with 2 PC2100 128 Meg CAS2 ram sticks and my MS-6341 motherboard will not even boot to the bios, just blank screen. Also have geforce 2 Ultra as video. The onboard D-LED reads from top to bottom, green, red, green, green and goes no further. Any suggestions, please??? I do not have an AMD approved power supply. Just generic 300W. Could that possibly make a difference?

G

Well I'd definately start there. I know the AGP 4x will not work if you don't have a newer power supply which has one of those 4 prong power plugs to go into the "AGP power supply". I never had a problem with post however when I didn't have that thing plugged in. I am using an enermax v451 (431w whisper) power supply. You can try the basic stuff on no post, make sure the video and ram are seated right and reset the bios but I doubt that will make much of a difference as it seems to be getting by those steps in the d-led.

Stimy

G

Thanks to both the previous replies. As it turns out, I had both problems you mentioned. My power supply did not have that 4 prong connector AND my board was being shorted by my case. I boot up just fine now. Thanks

G

I am upgrading my AMD 600 slotA to a K7 Master and socketA 1200 /266FSB. I am not sure about this fourth plug in the power supply that you are talking about. I have a 300W power supply now If it worked on the Slot A will it work on the Socket A?

It's the simple things that kick you in the butt!