Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PC SCREAMS DURING GAMEPLAY! HELP!

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2011 6:34:06 AM

Hello, I built this computer a year ago now and I built it for Gaming and heavy usage. My computer screams every time I play a game and am wondering if its normal or what. My specs
CPU: AMD Phenom 965 Black Edition 3.4 GHz
Graphics card: ATI HD Radeon 5770 1GB DDR5 Memory
RAM 8GB DDR3 G.Skill
Power Supply: 850W
OS Windows 7 Ult 64-Bit

This should be able to max out a lot of games and it does when I play, I have no in game issues, it's just my computer screams when I play these games. I do have 3 Fans running but I obviously know when the computer is actually screaming or if it's just the fans.

More about : screams gameplay

June 3, 2011 8:24:42 AM

from ebay and amzon. there is a big website.
m
l
June 3, 2011 1:00:43 PM

Might be because of a noisy fan. Have you checked it ? The processor's one. I used to have a noisy P4 machine. The problem was because of the fan.
m
l
Related resources
June 3, 2011 5:01:47 PM

How could I tell if its the fan?
m
l
June 3, 2011 7:06:49 PM

open the case, listen to where the sound is coming from.
Stop the fan(s) (by unplugging) and listen. Don't do this for a long time or you might burn out your CPU.
If you are not tech savvy to poke around in the innards and don't know about static discharge take it to a professional.

Depending on your computer you might have 2 -3 fans, 1 that sits on top of the cpu, 1 that is at the back of the case and 1 in front of the case (in some configurations a fan might be on the side of the case or on top).
m
l

Best solution

June 3, 2011 8:11:38 PM

Quote:
My computer screams every time I play a game and am wondering if its normal or what

Its been doing this for a year?
In that case I'd say its pretty normal for your computer...

If its just started you can safely assume it is NOT supposed to be doing this

Have you double checked to make sure its not your speakers? They tend to make a weird noise if not plugged in properly and you listen to loud stuff (ie games)

You should not need to unplug the fans - you will likely hear where its coming from just by opening the case if that is where its coming from
June 4, 2011 2:39:51 AM

hilltopmonk said:
Quote:
My computer screams every time I play a game and am wondering if its normal or what

Its been doing this for a year?
In that case I'd say its pretty normal for your computer...

If its just started you can safely assume it is NOT supposed to be doing this

Have you double checked to make sure its not your speakers? They tend to make a weird noise if not plugged in properly and you listen to loud stuff (ie games)

You should not need to unplug the fans - you will likely hear where its coming from just by opening the case if that is where its coming from

No im sure its something to do with the fans. Because as im typing right now its extremely quiet and only when I play a game I hear the computer start to scream. If the fans are supposed to go faster and maybe make a noise like a loud fan then ok. But im just afraid that if I do this for long over and over something might just burn out in there. i Have a see through side of the case and I dont see anything wrong. I actually am thinking its the CPU fan cranking up but idk if it's normal to be kinda loud. This is my first Gaming rig.
m
l
June 11, 2011 3:02:03 AM

Best answer selected by wschamps42.
m
l
June 13, 2011 6:10:11 PM

Sorry for the slow reply, havent had t'internet for a few days.

What you need to do is run a few stress tests on various components and use Speedfan to monitor your fan speeds and see which ones are playing up.

In actual fact it is highly likely you could just use the increase speed settings in Speedfan, but actually having the system under load will clear up When rather than just What.

You will need the following (click for links)
Speedfan - to monitor and/or adjust fan speeds

And to get those fans blowing:-

Prime 95 - CPU stress

FurMark - Graphics card stress

If neither of these can get your computer making weird noises then I really have no idea how to progress with this.

Good luck
m
l
!