Shadows are jaggy in all games

RuLeBre@KeR

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello all,

In almost every game iam playing ,shadows are jaggy and it is really irritating me while playing the games like assassins creed 2,batman arkham asylum,gta 4.

My system specs are as follows :

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
6870 1GB
2 gb ddr2 667mhz
17" HCL monitor

I can get good fps in all the games at high settings but the shadows are really bad and in assassins creed ,distant view is really bad like objects are appearing when iam getting nearer to them.

This problem is there with my old 9600gt card as well as with my new 6870 card. Is the problem related to monitor or the ram that i have now?

RuLeBre@KeR

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Yes, all are at high settings including shadows but the shadows are jaggy and the distant view is also not good in some games like assassins creed 2 ,gta 4 .
It is like when i move forward some objects starts appearing but its not the case with Crysis 2 ,call of duty series etc...

In assassins creed 2 or brotherhood , the distant view is worst even though all are at high settings(including shadows) . The building texture is jaggy and so the shadows. Same problem with gta 4 too.

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Have you reinstalled the game since changing video card? (IF you are doing this through steam it will have done it for you)

NVidia and ATI tend to have completely different installs.
The games often play but weird things can happen

RuLeBre@KeR

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
@Gman450 : Yes ,it also happened with 9600gt...
@JoshWS : Anisotropic fitering : 16x , Antialising :8x . I changed them in ATI catalyst control center. The max. resolution of my monitor is 1440*900 and iam playing at this resolution.
@Hexit : softshadow --- Is this a software? AA = antialiasing??
@hilltopmonk : I installed the games after replacing the card only. The problem is the same with both the cards.