815 vs BX variations

I know there have been a few reviews about these mobos, but I's like the opinions of everyone!

Asus CUBX
Asus CUBX-E
Asus CUSL2
Asus CUSL2-C

How would you rate them 1st, 2nd etc. and why?

<b>
Heatsinks, fans & whisky...Everythings Cool! :wink:
</b>

G

Get the CUSL2-C its a tiny bit faster then the CUSL2. BX was a great chipset.. but now we have the i815E which kicks ass for most people, so forget about the other two boards. Unless you need to use over 1/2 GB of RAM or ISA then the BX might be better.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
BX was one of the greatest chipsets intel made. 815 is supposed to be its sucessor, and its doing well.

BX has proven stability and suits best for workstation or server applications, especially SMP.

815 does well in high end desktop to workstation category, and is versatile with built-in display + AGP pro support.

all those Asus boards are very good and the rating would reaslly depend on your purpose, in general I would rate them in order CUSL2-C, CUBX-E, CUSL2 and CUBX.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<< How would you rate the Abit BX133 against the 815 chipset boards? >>

Nohow, with i815 I dont have to overclock anything to get the same performance, plus ATA100, plus AGP4x, plus, if I want to overclock even more, I can, plus... blah, blah, blah

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

G

If u don't want to mess with overclocking, I'd say CUSL2-C, it's a great board. But the BX was a great chipset (I know someone else just said that), and I would recommend it over 815ep if u are willing to over clock.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, BX board are sure really great, but I would prefer the 815EP right now that it has natively supports the 133 bus, againt the overclocked BX in BX133 or BX-E boards.

but if you want stability and I have experienced the BX boards much more than 815s, I would stay with BX but not at 133.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>