KT7A Win2K Zip100

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Zip
Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 10, 2001 11:30:52 PM

I'm running a Win2k box with a 1.2 Athlon and a zip 100 ide drive. I was told by an Abit rep that they have had issues with Zip drives / the Via 4-in-1 drivers / and my chipset. Has anyone on this board been experiencing problems with using Zip drives on any OS while on the Abit KT7A-Raid? If so has anyone found any solutions?

Thankyou for your time.

~ Moonboy ~

More about : kt7a win2k zip100

May 11, 2001 12:54:47 AM

Have KT7A(non-RAID), have W2kSrv+SP2(beta), have Zip100 IDE, have no 4in1 installed (never will), have no problems.

By the way, what kind of problems you are having, your description is kinda out of visual horizon.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2001 2:16:03 AM

The reason I'm running the 4-in-1 drivers is because my burner will not work without it, among other things. What happens when I try to use my zip drive is this...

I can read disks, but when I try to write to them I get I/O errors and the like.

I've been able to use my USB Zip 100 when it's connected to another computer here on my lan I just can't write to them when they are connected to my computer.

Hope that helps.

~ Moonboy ~
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 11, 2001 5:03:13 PM

Had came across box with KT7-raid, Duron 600@850, Win2K, Zip100 ide and Via4-in-1 istalled, works fine. Then change the KT7-raid with KT7A-raid (600@866), the rest remain the same and this time file transfer to Zip100 becomes very sloooowwwwww. No solution found at the moment, so the Zip drive had to be relocated to another box where it is happy right now.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2001 6:00:58 PM

I took the Zip downstairs and plugged it into a machine with almost the exact same configuration except for that it had a KT7-Raid instead of an A-Raid and it worked great also. The issue is with the chipset on the A-Raid and the Via 4-in-1 software. I heard they are working of a fix but it has already been a few months. Let me know if you find anything.

~ Moonboy ~
May 12, 2001 4:39:36 PM

Well, I have a Zip250 and it runs fine on my A7V133, which uses the KT133A + 686B chips. I do have the Via 4-in-1 drivers installed, at least for the two windows OSes. The drive works fine from ME, W2K, and Linux.
May 13, 2001 1:35:15 AM

Hey, dude, I forgot to ask you, what kind of cable you are using to connect to the Zip and what is connected with it? I have personal "experience" that if you are using 80 conductor cable and twist it a few times hard enough, it becomes unusable at all, I just threw away two of those and put all my “stuff” on basic ATA33 cables (getting BIOS massage that I don’t have the right cable for primary drive (GXP60x40g) installed right at the boot up, but works like a champ anyway). So, you might try to play with different cables around a bit.

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:
May 14, 2001 12:10:42 AM

I don't have a Zip250 with me now. Care to do us a favour? If you have access to a Zip100, try swapping it in and see the outcome.

...It don't come easy.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2001 8:26:31 PM

What version of the Via 4-in-1 drivers are you running on your Win 2k box?
!