Morrowind disease bug

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I contracted a common disease and went to a shrine to have it cured,
it was not and no matter how many times I go to a shrine it will not
be cured. I have since taken restore attribute potions to cancel the
disease's effects but people in the world still see the disease. I am
sure this is a bug and am wondering if there is anything I can do
about it. I have previously downloaded all the morrowind updates and
patches so I do not believe that will be an option.

lee

John wrote:
> I contracted a common disease and went to a shrine to have it cured,
> it was not and no matter how many times I go to a shrine it will not
> be cured. I have since taken restore attribute potions to cancel the
> disease's effects but people in the world still see the disease. I am
> sure this is a bug and am wondering if there is anything I can do
> about it. I have previously downloaded all the morrowind updates and
> patches so I do not believe that will be an option.
What's the name of the disease?
Are you sure it's a common disease and not a blight disease or corprus?

"John" <blackhawk2052@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I contracted a common disease and went to a shrine to have it cured,
> it was not and no matter how many times I go to a shrine it will not
> be cured. I have since taken restore attribute potions to cancel the
> disease's effects but people in the world still see the disease. I
am
> sure this is a bug and am wondering if there is anything I can do
> about it. I have previously downloaded all the morrowind updates and
> patches so I do not believe that will be an option.

Try asking to cure Blight Disease instead. It may be that you've
caught a disease that is classed as a Blight Disease (and thus more
serious), rather than a Common Disease.

If you've contracted Corprus Disease, *there is no cure* - except as
part of the game's main plot (one of the many rules of RPGs: "If there
is an incurable disease that you are warned against contracting, at
some point of the plot you will have to contract it and cure it".
Right up there with "If there is a race, people, city, religion or
nation that is expecting or hoping for a Hero, Saviour, God-Incarnate,
Champion or similar being (or descendant of such) to arrive and be
their champion, then at some point in the game's plot you will have to
either *be* that champion or *fight* that champion, and most usually
both"...)

Jonathan.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

In article <c8jb3t$hj3$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>,
Jonathan Ellis <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Right up there with "If there is a race, people, city, religion or
> nation that is expecting or hoping for a Hero, Saviour,
> God-Incarnate, Champion or similar being (or descendant of such) to
> arrive and be their champion, then at some point in the game's plot
> you will have to either *be* that champion or *fight* that champion,
> and most usually both"...)

It suggests an interesting plot concept -- you could play a PC whose
job was to locate, train and promote a hero that meets the criteria of
the prophecy. Kind of like being Don King; the hero gets the glory,
you get the cash.

You could add complexity (and replayability) by offering up several
potential NPC trainees. The PC could focus on one, or train up several
and weigh the options. The endgame would depend on which NPC you
picked as the champion.

Rick R.

Rick Russell wrote:
|| In article <c8jb3t$hj3$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>,
|| Jonathan Ellis <jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
||| Right up there with "If there is a race, people, city, religion or
||| nation that is expecting or hoping for a Hero, Saviour,
||| God-Incarnate, Champion or similar being (or descendant of such) to
||| arrive and be their champion, then at some point in the game's plot
||| you will have to either *be* that champion or *fight* that champion,
||| and most usually both"...)
|| It suggests an interesting plot concept -- you could play a PC whose
|| job was to locate, train and promote a hero that meets the criteria
|| of the prophecy. Kind of like being Don King; the hero gets the
|| glory, you get the cash.
|| You could add complexity (and replayability) by offering up several
|| potential NPC trainees. The PC could focus on one, or train up
|| several and weigh the options. The endgame would depend on which NPC
|| you picked as the champion.
|| Rick R.

And you're just giving that stuff away for free in here? :^)>

I'd buy a game like that if it was well implemented.

Cheers,
joe.

Dyslexics of the world, untie!

caleb

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Joe Mama <none@all.causeidontlikespam.com> wrote in message
40ad9499$0$8989$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Rick Russell wrote:

Boy, this last sentence reminds me of Planescape: Torment...

<warning, major spoiler ahead>

....where your arch-nemesis is _yourself_!

Caleb

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"John" <blackhawk2052@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I contracted a common disease and went to a shrine to have it cured,
> it was not and no matter how many times I go to a shrine it will not
> be cured. I have since taken restore attribute potions to cancel the
> disease's effects but people in the world still see the disease. I am
> sure this is a bug and am wondering if there is anything I can do
> about it. I have previously downloaded all the morrowind updates and
> patches so I do not believe that will be an option.

Happens to me all the time. If you're sure you are using the right spell
(common vs. blight), a potion or spell, or an Imperial Cult altar will cure
it. I don't know why this happens, but it does.