AMD/VIA CHIPSET KILLA!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

SiS just F**K'N <b><A HREF="http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/sis735preview/default.asp" target="_new">OWNED</A></b> AMD/VIA current chipset, lil' sis ain't taking no BS!!!

"AMD/VIA...you are the weakest link, good bye!"

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If the chipset proves to be stable as well, it will mean more marketshare for AMD (translation: less marketshare for Intel).

Good news for AMD. More bad news for Intel.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
IF it turns out to be a fast, stable chipset, then you can say that SiS owns VIA. AMD still comes out a winner. But I guess logic like that is a little beyond you, eh?

G

I was impressed with SiS 735, and in realitiy it may become the best overall DDR Socket A chipset. It does though have to be stable (According the review the Reference Board was more stable than some retail boards). Even though it may not beat a Mature KT266, it still might be the better sloution because it is cheaper to produce (1 Physical Chip Configuration instead of 2). So we'll see.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
WOW... sweet chipset. I would recommend it and im a intel user. I wish something like that comes out with northwood P4. SiS has prove its self to me.

The only nice Intel guy.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Unfortunatly it will not be released until November. By then the via and ali chipsets will be much more mature and its performance advantages probably not so great. It very well may be that SIS has the best product, but a day late and a dollar short.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>if the chipset proves to be stable as well, it will mean more marketshare for AMD (translation: less marketshare for Intel).

you think SiS does only AMD?

here's a <A HREF="http://www.sis.com.tw/news/intel_p4.htm" target="_new">link</A> that does not support your statement.

"AMD/VIA...you are the weakest link, good bye!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmdMeltdown on 05/12/01 04:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That’s all cool, but have you noticed that KT133A is in the middle between all of those “macho” DDR sets. That is really nice to know, I am not going to “upgrade” until something will give me more than (at least) 10% increase in every single thing from KT133A. But as far as SiS goes, they are doing great favor to themselves by "working hard" to make us happy... hehehe

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what does the link mean? that SiS is licenced to make P4 chipsets? So is ALi (no VIA though, thats cool) and both SiS and Ali have made very good chipsets for AMD too, especially the SiS730 and ALiMagik bringing flexibility and lower cost to AMD systems. And so will 735 continue to help AMD strengthen their position, especially in the value market.

And 735 seems close to positioning Athlon to compete well with the P4. the benchmarks from tom and anand clearly indicate the chipsets helps Athlon perform even better than it performs with its current chipsets - the VIAs and AMDs.

and that actually pushes Athlon still farther ahead of the P4 in performance.

Meltdown you should really read the stuff <b><i>and think</i></b> over it carefully what it means before doing such posts.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Of course it is good news for AMD. Due to the lack of "quality" chipsets, the Athlon is still not running at its full potential. While the KT133 series has matured, it is still not quite as fast as the 815, which is not quite as fast as the older BX chipset.

So even with the "extra load" of chipsets that drag down the Athlon performance, it has still captured marketshare from Intel. Now, if the SIS chipset enhances the Athlon performance, can't you see how it will help AMD increase marketshare even more?

Now, even though you edited your post, I will address your rather rude remark. I graduated from College and Graduate School at the top of my class, and have degrees in two very different fields, one being Electrical Engineering.

What about you? Have you graduated High School? Have you graduated from College? What about Graduate School? Or do you base all of your "skills" from Microsoft Certification?

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

DurocShark

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
But... SiS hasn't had much of a good rep around here with stability since they STARTED making chipsets.

Back in my computer store days we saw many SiS based boards that all had serious driver and stability issues. Hopefully that's changed?