A chest behind a fountain...

Last response: in Video Games
June 3, 2004 1:26:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Somewhat to the northwest of Caldera town, there is a cave called
Kudanat. It is full of smugglers and slavers, like a lot of other
caves, and you can free the slaves.

In the cave, one of the more unusual features is a lake with a
waterfall. Now, if you have spells of Night-Eye and Water Walking,
you can actually walk over the water to the rock in front of the
waterfall and see that there is a chest *behind* the waterfall.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any way to interact with it - it
doesn't say "Chest" when pointed at, and doesn't appear to act like a
container. It appears that it's just there for eye-candy to interest
and possibly frustrate people.

Is this actually the case, or are you supposed to be able to see and
open this chest and does it contain anything?

Jonathan.

More about : chest fountain

Anonymous
June 3, 2004 1:26:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:26:29 +0100, with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) "Jonathan Ellis"
<jonathan@franz-liszt.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Somewhat to the northwest of Caldera town, there is a cave called
>Kudanat. It is full of smugglers and slavers, like a lot of other
>caves, and you can free the slaves.
>
>In the cave, one of the more unusual features is a lake with a
>waterfall. Now, if you have spells of Night-Eye and Water Walking,
>you can actually walk over the water to the rock in front of the
>waterfall and see that there is a chest *behind* the waterfall.
>
>Unfortunately I can't seem to find any way to interact with it - it
>doesn't say "Chest" when pointed at, and doesn't appear to act like a
>container. It appears that it's just there for eye-candy to interest
>and possibly frustrate people.

I remember that chest. At first I couldn't figure how to open it,
however after some work I found that by diving under the water, I was
finely able to open it from below.

>Is this actually the case, or are you supposed to be able to see and
>open this chest and does it contain anything?

I think it contains some random low level stuff. In my case I found
several pieces of worthless junk (to me) in it, though my satisfaction
at finely opening the chest was somewhat rewarding in its own right...
Granted it would have been nice if I could have been rewarded for
figuring out how to open the chest with some Nice Treasure. ^_^ Maybe
you'll find some better treasure in the chest than me...

>Jonathan.

Good Luck!

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 1:26:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Did you try telekinesis?

Rick R.
Anonymous
June 4, 2004 2:35:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:06:59 +0000 (UTC), with the help of 10,000 Little
Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) rickr@is.rice.edu (Rick Russell) wrote:

>Did you try telekinesis?
>
>Rick R.

My character wears several items with CE TK spells for a TK limit of 20
feet. The waterfall seemed to block my characters TK, however when used
from underwater my character was finely able to open the chest...

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
June 5, 2004 10:36:16 AM

"FTA" <FTA@fake.email> skrev i en meddelelse
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:06:59 +0000 (UTC), with the help of 10,000 Little
> Computer Monkeys (LCM'S) rickr@is.rice.edu (Rick Russell) wrote:
>

> >Did you try telekinesis?
> >
> >Rick R.
>
> My character wears several items with CE TK spells for a TK limit of 20
> feet. The waterfall seemed to block my characters TK, however when used
> from underwater my character was finely able to open the chest...
>

> That's my 2¢,
>
> FTA
>

> "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
silence of our friends."

only in real life are waterfalls penetrabable for
ranged attacks likeTK. Ingame it is a form for
a 'secret wall' that you penetrate by bumping
in it.

merlin

!