NE2 expires??

This was mentioned in another thread, but it really caught my attention.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/HowToControllerServlet?path=featureDetail&path=featureDetail&featureId=1845

If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take
advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming
eligible; otherwise, you may be charged full retail price to upgrade
your current handset.

What the #%&*?! NewEvery2 *used to* never expire! This seems to be saying
that if you enrolled in NE2 after 11/25/02 (in other words, bought a new
phone after that date, and accepted a new two year contract of at least
$34.99/mo), and delay taking advantage of NE2 within 6 months of being
eligible (2 years after that purchase), that not only do you forfeit the
$100 NE2 bonus, but you also are ineligible for the subsidized price,
and have to pay full retail. Huh????

"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
> This was mentioned in another thread, but it really caught my attention.
>
> http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/HowToControllerServlet?path=featureDetail&path=featureDetail&featureId=1845
>
> If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take
> advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming
> eligible; otherwise, you may be charged full retail price to upgrade
> your current handset.
>
> What the #%&*?! NewEvery2 *used to* never expire! This seems to be saying
> that if you enrolled in NE2 after 11/25/02 (in other words, bought a new
> phone after that date, and accepted a new two year contract of at least
> $34.99/mo), and delay taking advantage of NE2 within 6 months of being
> eligible (2 years after that purchase), that not only do you forfeit the
> $100 NE2 bonus, but you also are ineligible for the subsidized price,
> and have to pay full retail. Huh????

I think you could get the subsidized price if you sign a new contract.
Paying full retail for a phone should not change your contract - staying
month to month.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
> This was mentioned in another thread, but it really caught my attention.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/HowToControllerServlet?path=featureDetail&path=featureDetail&featureId=1845

> If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take
> advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming
> eligible; otherwise, you may be charged full retail price to upgrade
> your current handset.

Note the word "may". If you are really curious call CS and ask what
conditions turn "may" to "will".

> What the #%&*?! NewEvery2 *used to* never expire! This seems to be saying
> that if you enrolled in NE2 after 11/25/02 (in other words, bought a new
> phone after that date, and accepted a new two year contract of at least
> $34.99/mo), and delay taking advantage of NE2 within 6 months of being
> eligible (2 years after that purchase), that not only do you forfeit the
> $100 NE2 bonus, but you also are ineligible for the subsidized price,
> and have to pay full retail. Huh????

Doesn't the very next sentence state that you will get the subsidized price
if you sign a new 2 year contract?

"If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take
advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming eligible;
otherwise, you may be charged full retail price to upgrade your current
handset. Discount amount will be applied toward the two-year Customer
Agreement retail price."

ileen wrote:
> Doesn't the very next sentence state that you will get the subsidized
> price if you sign a new 2 year contract?
>
> "If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take
> advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming
> eligible; otherwise, you may be charged full retail price to upgrade
> your current handset. Discount amount will be applied toward the
> two-year Customer Agreement retail price."

I believe this (out of context) is only speaking to the New Every Two
(up to) $100. New Every Two is independent of the subsidized 1 yr
or 2 yr contract price of the phone.

-Quick

Quick wrote:

> I believe this (out of context) is only speaking to the New Every Two
> (up to) $100. New Every Two is independent of the subsidized 1 yr
> or 2 yr contract price of the phone.

This is what I've been led to understand too. As I understand it, if you
qualify for New Every Two you get up to $100 off the SUBSIDIZED price of a
phone. Not the full price, the already-discounted price. Verizon doesn't give
away much, but this is one hell of a deal.

Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in

> Quick wrote:
>
>> I believe this (out of context) is only speaking to the New Every
Two
>> (up to) $100. New Every Two is independent of the subsidized 1 yr
>> or 2 yr contract price of the phone.
>
> This is what I've been led to understand too. As I understand it,
if
> you qualify for New Every Two you get up to $100 off the SUBSIDIZED
> price of a phone. Not the full price, the already-discounted price.
> Verizon doesn't give away much, but this is one hell of a deal.

That's correct. When my NE2 went into place recently, the $100 was
reflected on the website, making all but the most expensive phones
free with a two-year contract.

becareful when you use the New Every Two. Try to use it when your contract
ends. I used it a few month earlier and it was hit with a large bill. $64.
compared to the regular $42. because I renewed my contract earlier, instead
of 12th of every month.

"Mitchell Regenbogen" <mreg@panix.spam.com> wrote in message
> Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in
>
>> Quick wrote:
>>
>>> I believe this (out of context) is only speaking to the New Every
> Two
>>> (up to) $100. New Every Two is independent of the subsidized 1 yr
>>> or 2 yr contract price of the phone.
>>
>> This is what I've been led to understand too. As I understand it,
> if
>> you qualify for New Every Two you get up to $100 off the SUBSIDIZED
>> price of a phone. Not the full price, the already-discounted price.
>> Verizon doesn't give away much, but this is one hell of a deal.
>>

> That's correct. When my NE2 went into place recently, the $100 was
> reflected on the website, making all but the most expensive phones
> free with a two-year contract.

This has absolutely nothing to do with New Every Two.
What you are talking about here is pro-ration. I suspect
you changed plans when you did this, correct?

-Quick

cadnyc wrote:
> becareful when you use the New Every Two. Try to use it when your
> contract ends. I used it a few month earlier and it was hit with a
> large bill. $64. compared to the regular $42. because I renewed my
> contract earlier, instead of 12th of every month.
>

> "Mitchell Regenbogen" <mreg@panix.spam.com> wrote in message
>> Steve Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in

>> Two
>>>
>>> This is what I've been led to understand too. As I understand it,
>> if
>>> you qualify for New Every Two you get up to $100 off the SUBSIDIZED
>>> price of a phone. Not the full price, the already-discounted price.
>>> Verizon doesn't give away much, but this is one hell of a deal.
>>>

>> That's correct. When my NE2 went into place recently, the $100 was
>> reflected on the website, making all but the most expensive phones
>> free with a two-year contract.

> Quick wrote:
>
>> I believe this (out of context) is only speaking to the New Every Two
>> (up to) $100. New Every Two is independent of the subsidized 1 yr
>> or 2 yr contract price of the phone.
>
> This is what I've been led to understand too. As I understand it, if you
> qualify for New Every Two you get up to $100 off the SUBSIDIZED price of a
> phone. Not the full price, the already-discounted price. Verizon doesn't
> give away much, but this is one hell of a deal.

NE2 *is* applied to the subsidized price of a phone.

The way I read it, you have to take advantage of NE2 within 6 months of
being eligible. If you upgrade within the 6 months, you get $100 off the
subsidized price of the phone and must sign a new 2 year contract (the
contract is a condition of NE2). If you don't take advantage of NE2 within
the 6 month window you forfeit it. Then, if you want to upgrade, you either
pay full retail and don't sign a contract or you sign another contract and
get a subsidized price. I don't understand what the confusion is. Nowhere
does it say that if you don't take advantage of NE2 within 6 months that you
have to pay full retail even if you sign another contract.

ileen wrote:
> "Steve Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
>> Quick wrote:
>>
>>> I believe this (out of context) is only speaking to the New Every
>>> Two (up to) $100. New Every Two is independent of the subsidized 1
>>> yr
>>> or 2 yr contract price of the phone.
>>
>> This is what I've been led to understand too. As I understand it, if
>> you qualify for New Every Two you get up to $100 off the SUBSIDIZED
>> price of a phone. Not the full price, the already-discounted price.
>> Verizon doesn't give away much, but this is one hell of a deal.
>

> NE2 *is* applied to the subsidized price of a phone.
>
> The way I read it, you have to take advantage of NE2 within 6 months
> of being eligible. If you upgrade within the 6 months, you get $100
> off the subsidized price of the phone and must sign a new 2 year
> contract (the contract is a condition of NE2). If you don't take
> advantage of NE2 within the 6 month window you forfeit it. Then, if
> you want to upgrade, you either pay full retail and don't sign a
> contract or you sign another contract and get a subsidized price. I
> don't understand what the confusion is. Nowhere does it say that if
> you don't take advantage of NE2 within 6 months that you have to pay
> full retail even if you sign another contract.

The confusion (at least in part) is stemming from the 6 month limit
that didn't seem to exist before. For example you could sign up for
NE2 when opting for a 2 yr contract. I don't know if it is still true
but in the past it was automatic when opting for a 2 yr. contract.
2 years after that you might go month to month. Then 1 year later,
2 years later, whenever, you might decide to upgrade your equipment,
sign a new 2 year contract and collect the $100 NE2 credit.

-Quick