A7V133 reboot vows w/ W2K

G

Hi!
Here's my current set-up
A7V133 no sound RAID 0 option (BIOS 1004)
Athlon 850
256 Premium grade memory
WD 60GB ATA100 7200 rpm (60AB model I think)
Leadtek Geforce2Pro 64MB
SBLive! Value
Linksys ethercard

ATA100 driver used is 2.01 build 35 (latest on assus.com)

Summary: Installed W2K with HD on both ATA100 and regular IDE(regular ribbon) but I keep gettin' a registry error, my machine boots twice shortly after displaying that blue screen and than finally boots in W2K. After a few of those it won't boot at all anymore and give 2 other errors mostly about not being able to read some files. (Tried both NTFS and FAT ... same thing)

Tried installing SP2 but didn't help.

Here's my problem:
Just got the machine together. Put in W2K disk ... and tried to install.
Initially I had my HD on the Promise ATA100 so I provided (F6 then S) the driver for the Promise and W2K setup saw the drive. Formated NTFS 1 partition and started installing.
Problem 1: cannot copy correctly file mm<something>.cpl (a control panel file so I just skipped it). Machine rebooted fine, went through the rest of set-up and than wanted to reboot so it did. Instead of booting up to W2k it gave me an error something about registry not there or not writable and rebooted by itself.... Did that 2 more times than finally booted in W2K.
Did some driver installs living through that double reboot 'till you got to Windows but on one occasion another error came up saying that if this is the first time you see this ... bla bla and locked ... rebooted ... worked again. A few more reboots couldn't take it anymore and I moved the HD to the regular IDE ... installed W2K again ... still NTFS but no more can't copy file x error. (I knew about going back to regular IDE from posts around here). Rebooted to install drivers ... same double reboot problem ... I am sooo confused ... I am writing this after installing with FAT32 regular IDE regular ribbon after a few reboots to finally get into W2K (mostly those error and reboot by itself)

Please help ... I am really pissed at this problem ...

alph

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2001
í might be wrong cause i´m really not sure.

If that mobo do have via 686b(or something) southbridge your sblive value creates a bug officially just when moving big files but to my experience in other cases too.

You could start trying a clean install without your sblive connected.

Something that may help is to put your hdd on a raid channel and cd-roms and stuff on hdd-channel but just one per channel. Then disable the sb16 emulation. Can you try another (non creative) soundcard?
Via should (hopefully) create a fix for this soon.

<font color=purple> djadja</font color=purple>