"NEW" Missing AGAIN!

DCB_AU

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
This happens regularly - instal CG or SC drivers and reboot then find the "NEW" menu missing from right hand click, plus missing from "FILE" menu, plus MY DOCS folder, etc won't open automatically - shows select program to open with.

Fortunately I always export the registry before doing any major operations and import when required.

<font color=red><b>DCB</b></font color=red><font color=white><b>_</b></font color=white><font color=blue><b>AU</b></font color=blue>

Go into system information, and run system file checker under the tools header, and see if you get multiple missing or corrupted files of any kind, if you do, check your RAM using Memtest86, if you don't have Memtest86 get it <A HREF="http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm" target="_new">here</A>, if your RAM is producing any errors at all, replace it, if it produces no errors in Memtest86 but still leaves you with corrupted files in system file checker, if you're running more than 1 RAM module, the modules could be incompatable even if made by the same manufacturer, but from a different batch number. If your RAM checks out OK and you're only running a single module of RAM, your problem may be elsewhere, but something is causing this missing information, and it sounds like system RAM to me.