Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Judging from what we've seen so far, and also their past offerings, I'm sure Beth won't do that for us :)

They even stated that they'd make sure the PC Version was properly tweaked and optimised graphically and gameplay wise. They make such detailed games anyway, it'd be very hard to call it a port in the true sense of the word, as even the console versions are amazingly deep.

Here's to hoping it'll be as awesome asthe E3 trailer insinuated :)

foshi13

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I'm really not that excited for it. After The Witcher 2 nothing really compares but hopefully when the game comes out it will be great.

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
I can not wait Skyrim also. Every day I fallow annoucements. 300 hours of gameplay!!! 280 perks!!! Big map!!! Quests!!! I m afraid only PC requirments. But overall, this is a game year. I only wait for SKYRIM, and no other game does not intrest me more. FOR SKYRIM!!! :)

I'm on the fence.

After awhile, I got bored of Oblivion. I think I stopped playing half way through the main quest.

I did enjoy playing Fallout 3 a lot though (just started playing again). Fallout: NV was entertaining, but I didn't think it was better than FO3. I'll probably buy the last two DLCs before the end of the year.

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Well personally whilst growing up I was always very into the whole fantasy genre (merlin 1998, Tolkien, Robert Jordan, etc.) so I think Oblivion always appealed to me on an intrinsic level.

Skyrim certainly looks to be a lot better than Oblivion (visually, gameplay wise, story wise even (dare I say it)) so I personally am hugely excited for it :)

-Nih

aeternam

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
I can't wait either! I pre-ordered the PC version and strategy guide (something I never do) cause for this game I think the guide will be a huge help. It looks huge & epic and hopefully, much deeper than Oblivion

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I've read on some site that "Skyrim will melt your faces on a high end system." At least that's what a developer said. Waiting for it myself.

aeternam

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
There is a relatively new preview up on computerandvideogames.com. dont know how accurate it is, but it has some details about the cities and locations in skyrim. http://www.computerandvideogames.com/318715/previews/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-bigger-better-and-more-dynamic/

BobCharlie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
I'm looking forward to it as well. As someone who had 225+ hours on Oblivion, I'm just hoping they put put some focus on the small thing like assaulting someone in a house, like a target for a quest, shouldn't mean guards outdoors are aware. I hope they make little things like this more realistic. I also hope they keep most if not all the Guilds from Oblivion. Also, adding rare weapons/armor to dungeons and houses as opposed to a bunch of useless junk would be nice. Can't wait! A ton of games are coming out in Nov, so I'll have my hands full!

Also, it's been confirmed the Bethesda is releasing a Creation Construction Set! Think I might actually make some stuff for this. I love when companies support the end-user with tools to make a truly unique experience. CAN'T WAIT!

BobCharlie

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim/b/xbox360/archive/2011/01/17/the-technology-behind-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.aspx

Just an article I found that really got my hopes up! A ton of new tech with NPC's and the Game itself with regards to how they interact with you and one another. So, I accidentally kill a shop owner with possible Quests he could of given me, and now his sister takes his place and gives those Quests instead? But she holds a grudge and "remembers" you killed her brother and might take "arrange" an assassination attempt on you at some point? Just awesome! Looks like this will blow Oblivion into, well, OBLIVION!

Nihilis

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Yea the Creation engine looks absolutely spectacular. Todd Howard (lead production designer) has gone so far as to say no two playthroughs will be the same. I know we've heard that before, but this time, a little optemistic part of me thinks it may just work. Completionists will get a LOT of value of out Skyrim :p

@Bob: totally agree. I know there's Mages Guild, Fighters Guild and Dark Brotherhood confirmed, and Thieve's Guild was just far too good a premise to miss out on, so I'm pretty certain that'll remain as well.

I hope they make the enchanting/spellmaking a bit more interesting. I found the constant recharges needed for enchanted weapons very frustrating as they ran down far too quickly. Also the whole spellmaking thing was really just the opportunity to play with spell values rather than actually *create* any spells - hope they address this so that you can combine and create potentially limitless spells.

Anyhow, it looks absolutely epic from my point of view, and I'm literally counting down the days :)

-Nih