Setting Bus Speed in K7VZA -- How???

G

Well I recently decided to dive into the wonderful world up Upgrading Your Motherboard <ominous muzak> I purchased a shiny new K7VZA based on it's wonderful review on Tom's and got a shiny new 1.2 Ghz TBird with it. Now here is the funny thing I learned - if your bus speed is set at 100 mhz instead of 133 Mhz the CPU will only run at 900mhz. The solution? Crank up the bus speed to 133mhz like it is supposed to be. Well...not so easy. I found a place in the BIOs to change the buss speed but it seems the only choice I have is for overclocking it to 101mhz - 112mhz. No 133 Mhz. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here?

~ DurandalX

P.S. I've got my Ram set at 133 in the BIOs and I do have PC133 Ram installed.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
The manual (on page 63) says that on the "Frequency Control Option"screen there is an option called "CPU Host/PCI Clock" which is presumably where you would want to go. It also mentions JP9 and JP10 on page 11. This might also be where you have to go.

It's always the one thing you never suspected.

G

Hey Duran...
I've been considering putting together a system around the same motherboard. Sounds like a winner to me too. Anyhow, you might find the information you are looking for simply by searching in Google. Just type in K7VZA. There are many reviews and if I recall correctly about the 7th one I read talked about how to set the FSB to 133.
Peace and good luck to ya

Work for what really matters