Good offline LAN games :)

matmons

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
ok, I'm often having a LAN party with my mates, and ive been playing wc3 (dota) CSS and Magicka mostly, but I'm looking for some games that me and one of my mates can play when we are in my summerhouse in Denmark where there is no internett connection.

What's your preference? Strategy? Shooters? Racing? Fighting? RPG?

cravius

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
The original Dawn of War is a good choice, but I am personally impartial to Halo Combat Evolved, both those games can be run on *** systems, however if yo have decent rigs i'd pick up a copy of Arma 2.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Since this thread got revived I got another suggestion that I Just learned of. if you only have 1 PC you could play Civ 5 (or any possibly) and do hot seat mode, or just get multiple copys and have fun in that. me and my 2 buddys played that game for 9 hours (Not none stop, I have a life) but it was a blast.

wrathofdragon

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012
If you like strategy: Starcraft 1 and Diablo 2 are pretty good multiplayer games (and they will run on just about any piece of crap computer you can find...)
If you like Shooters: Most of the Counter Strike games are good for Lan (off or online), Halo: Combat Evolved (pc), Half-life (the first one is good and runs on many different machines), arma is pretty good, SW:BF2 is good for co-op, Modern Warfare 2
If you like racing: Need for Speed Underground 2 and Hot Pursuit are off or online capable, Trackmania (free available) not that technical but fun

Last post was two years ago. I'm pretty sure the LAN part is over by now... :)

wrathofdragon

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2012

a lan party is never over! (lol) many people google this trhead. i even found a link to this thread from a SteamForum

Plaasnooi

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
If you’re looking for first person shooter Left for dead 2 and Borderlands 1 and 2 is a must. Both games lets you play with up to 3 friends at a time. Best of all you need no internet connection.

Manthan Pandya

Reputable
Jun 29, 2014
call of duty 1 :united offence with some mods
CS 1.6/cs source
unreal tournament
team fortress 2

split/second
blur
trackmania united nation
nfs most wanted 2008

Age of empires 2(series)
Empire Earth
civ 5
Attack on pearl harbor
ANNO 1404

PhatLloyd

Honorable
Jul 1, 2014
I chose games not mentioned by above posters

Age of Empires 3
Call of Duty (anyone but most likely CoD4 Modern Warfare)
Arma 3
Dirt 3
F1 2014 or 2015
Borderlands 2
Minecraft (not my favorite)
Flatout 3
Fifa 14\15 (using controllers)

***Warning! Some of these games may cause fierce rivalries, acts of violence, and friendships to be broken. Please use at own risk.

pacalma

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
just had a gaming night with one of my friends..
games we played:

rocket league (football with cars)
trackmania (racing)
can't drive this (one player drives, the other one builds the track)

TRENDING THREADS