Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Team Fortress 2

Last response: in Video Games
June 8, 2011 10:29:10 PM

So i've got 2 problems. When i play TF2 and Only TF2 red dots appear in dark areas. For some reason i also have high Ping in online games. But that is not a TF2 only problem. My ping reaches about 700 on a bad lagg spree and on good times its at 200. Is it my wireless card? My household internet connection has been great since i switched internet companies. It's only my PC not any other family member's PC. Here are the specs of my PC and my Brother's PC for comparison

MY PC
--------
Nvidia GeForce GT430
4GB DDR3 RAM
Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n
AMD Athlon II 640 Quad-Core Processor (3.00GHZ)

Bro's PC
----------
ATI VisonTek All i know is that its not one of the new ones.
Belkin Wireless Adapter
Intel Pentium 4 Single-Core (3.20ghz)

Please tell me how to fix these problems. Thanks to anyone who answers. =)

More about : team fortress

June 9, 2011 3:03:27 AM

if more that 1 person is using the pc the ping will go up easily doubling or quadrupling when your using wireless...
if your both wanting to game you really will need 2 connections to keep decent ping. or you can cheat and get a 15m ethernet cable ;) 
m
l

Best solution

June 9, 2011 1:04:35 PM

Your ping depends on the hardware (router, NIC and other devices on your network).
If have Vonage (or other IP phone company, Netflix running or some else is surfing) your ping can be affected.
If your Router is in the living room and you are playing in your bedroom your ping might be affected because of the metal and wires in the walls.
If you are running other services on your computer, the CPU is processing too much, it will affect your ping.
If you'r router has been hacked...you are loosing bandwidth.

Fix: get highspeed internet, try using an ethernet cable vs wireless, removed other network services and devices, check your processes (ensure your anti-virus is not doing a scan at the time of gaming)
Related resources
June 16, 2011 4:48:25 AM

jgiron said:
Your ping depends on the hardware (router, NIC and other devices on your network).
If have Vonage (or other IP phone company, Netflix running or some else is surfing) your ping can be affected.
If your Router is in the living room and you are playing in your bedroom your ping might be affected because of the metal and wires in the walls.
If you are running other services on your computer, the CPU is processing too much, it will affect your ping.
If you'r router has been hacked...you are loosing bandwidth.

Fix: get highspeed internet, try using an ethernet cable vs wireless, removed other network services and devices, check your processes (ensure your anti-virus is not doing a scan at the time of gaming)

Thanks, now i can find a fix to this annoying ping issue.
m
l
June 16, 2011 4:48:54 AM

Best answer selected by LocoMonoco.
m
l
!