Something strange happened on the way from Dagonfell

MERLIN

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
always checking my progress and the direction.
I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
to avoid them.

I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
is marked by the map as having taken place on the
coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell

So - where and how did this change-over take place?
The only explanation I could think of, was that there
are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
or something similar? I know, that there are only
three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?

Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?

merlin

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

Hi,

"Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message

> I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> always checking my progress and the direction.
> I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> to avoid them.
>
> I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
>
> So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
There is a shipwreck not far from wolverine hall. (I first thought it was
the shipwreck someone told me about in a tavern but I don't believe it is).
I haven't visit the other one yet, so I can't tell if they are getting mixed
up.

> or something similar? I know, that there are only
> three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
>
> Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
>
> merlin

Regards, Ron AF Greve.

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message

> I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> always checking my progress and the direction.
> I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> to avoid them.
>
> I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
>
> So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
> or something similar? I know, that there are only
> three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
>
> Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
>
> merlin

Do you mean that upon exiting the shipwreck you were teleported to the
exterior of a shipwreck near Wolverine Hall? That could be possible,
although I would think someone else would have discovered this already.

-Scott Roper

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

"Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message

> I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> always checking my progress and the direction.
> I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> to avoid them.
>
> I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
>
> So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
> or something similar? I know, that there are only
> three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
>
> Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
>
> merlin

I poked around the "Strange Shipwreck" in TESCS. I didn't find any extra
door markers in the interiors or exterior that could be a cause of the
problem.

-Scott Roper

"Moonlit" <news moonlit xs4all nl> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> "Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> > and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> > small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> > always checking my progress and the direction.
> > I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> > the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> > The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> > and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> > to avoid them.
> >
> > I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> > stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> > ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> > with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> > is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> > coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
> >
> > So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> > The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> > are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> > a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
> There is a shipwreck not far from wolverine hall. (I first thought it
was
> the shipwreck someone told me about in a tavern but I don't believe it
is).
> I haven't visit the other one yet, so I can't tell if they are getting
mixed
> up.
>
> > or something similar? I know, that there are only
> > three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> > clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
> >
> > Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> > the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
> >
> > merlin
> >

> Regards, Ron AF Greve.

If I go to sleep in the one in/on Dagonfell ( a few clicks
west of the town and wake up in the one near Wolverine Hall they must be
related somehow

Maybe I should check it out by doing the same the
other way round :)

merlin

"Scott Roper" <digitalfenceIGNORETHIS@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> > and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> > small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> > always checking my progress and the direction.
> > I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> > the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> > The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> > and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> > to avoid them.
> >
> > I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> > stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> > ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> > with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> > is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> > coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
> >
> > So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> > The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> > are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> > a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
> > or something similar? I know, that there are only
> > three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> > clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
> >
> > Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> > the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
> >
> > merlin
> >

> Do you mean that upon exiting the shipwreck you were teleported to the
> exterior of a shipwreck near Wolverine Hall? That could be possible,
> although I would think someone else would have discovered this already.
>
> -Scott Roper

Yes. That is what happened. But I only paid attention
because I was in the process of exploring Dagon Fell
fully, and had no intention of going south.

> "Merlin" <pbech@danprofit.com> wrote in message
> >

> > I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> > and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> > small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> > always checking my progress and the direction.
> > I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> > the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> > The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> > and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> > to avoid them.
> >
> > I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> > stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> > ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> > with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> > is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> > coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
> >
> > So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> > The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> > are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> > a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
> > or something similar? I know, that there are only
> > three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> > clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
> >
> > Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> > the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
> >
> > merlin
> >

> I poked around the "Strange Shipwreck" in TESCS. I didn't find any
extra
> door markers in the interiors or exterior that could be a cause of the
> problem.
>
> -Scott Roper

In a weird sense this is one of things that makes MW
interesting. To find causes for such problems. And it
is a 'real world' equivalent to many of the problems
that is researced in some of the books in the game

merlin

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

>Subject: Something strange happened on the way from Dagonfell
>From: "Merlin" pbech@danprofit.com
>Date: 08.06.04 16:14 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit
>

> I was exploring the island, starting out from Dagonfell,
> and followed the coast westward. I checked out the
> small rocky islands that I could see from the coast,
> always checking my progress and the direction.
> I found two ancestral tombs on the way. I only robbed
> the stuff but spared the 'population' for another day.
> The last one was crawling with vampires of all levels
> and races. With an 80% chameleon it wasn't too hard
> to avoid them.
>
> I found a shipwreck, stuck among the rocks and
> stayed the night. In the morning everything seemed
> ok, and I left the game. But now, the whole sequence
> with finding the wreck and exploring the surroundings
> is marked by the map as having taken place on the
> coast north of wolverine hall, and not on Dagonfell
>
> So - where and how did this change-over take place?
> The only explanation I could think of, was that there
> are two shipwrecks, and that the one on Dagonfell is
> a clone of the other one. Anybody experienced this
> or something similar? I know, that there are only
> three or four guards in the game, and the rest are
> clones, but buildings and shipwrecks?
>
> Maybe that is what they meant, when they labelled
> the wreck *a strange shipwreck*?
>
> merlin

A Programm-Error or some Problems if you use inofficial Plugins.
I've some Plugin-Probs.
If I have 2 Plugins active who use both the same Cell, I have giant Holes in
the Landscape (BSB-Holes I think), only Parts of Buildings are visible/in the
Game or a City has no Ground (Buildings in the Air, NPCs in the Water).
Some Plugins remove Topics like the "fee" for the Bounty (Link not active) or
the "little Advice".