Sign in with
Your question

In Game 2-5 Second Screen Freeze (Rift)

Last response: in Video Games
June 9, 2011 4:45:11 PM

So I've been playing Rift with no issues for months now until the past week. Randomly (big fights or just walking around) the whole screen will freeze for about 5 seconds and then pop right back where I left off minus what everyone else was doing. It's not a life ender, but does cause problems in critical situations and I'm hoping it don't get worse.

Here's what I'm sporting.
- AMD Phenom X4 9850 2.5Ghz AM2+ OEM CPU
- MSI 785GTM-E45 AMD 785G Socket AM2+
- Corsair 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
- EVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB GDDR5 PCIe
- Thermaltake A4022 TR2-R1 CPU Fan
- Seagate 1TB LP Serial ATA HD 5900/32MB/SATA-3G

They only thing I can think that has changed is the weather has gotten very hot for Cleveland Ohio and my temps have raised on my cpu and gpu. Nothing that should be bad though. gpu is still under 50c even when stressed.

Does anyone know if this sounds like a hardware or game issue, and what can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.
June 9, 2011 4:50:00 PM

just a post of solidarity, this sounds very similar to the problems i'm experiencing with WoW and other games like crysis 2.
m
l
June 9, 2011 9:24:16 PM

sounds like packet loss, you would be wise to get a 3rd party cooler for your cpu as thats a pretty standard thing to do now. it will give more overhead for warmer days even if you dont oc.

if your on a home network its likely that sum1 else downloading is the problem. make sure its secure and wireless is off if its not needed.
if your running xp then use something like tuneup utilitys to tune your net connection.
and regularly check your ping at different times of the day to make sure theres not a big variation. make sure you test it to a server thats at least 500 miles away and the same 1 each time so your results can be correlated.
m
l
April 6, 2012 12:22:08 AM

Hidegski said:
So I've been playing Rift with no issues for months now until the past week. Randomly (big fights or just walking around) the whole screen will freeze for about 5 seconds and then pop right back where I left off minus what everyone else was doing. It's not a life ender, but does cause problems in critical situations and I'm hoping it don't get worse.

Here's what I'm sporting.
- AMD Phenom X4 9850 2.5Ghz AM2+ OEM CPU
- MSI 785GTM-E45 AMD 785G Socket AM2+
- Corsair 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
- EVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB GDDR5 PCIe
- Thermaltake A4022 TR2-R1 CPU Fan
- Seagate 1TB LP Serial ATA HD 5900/32MB/SATA-3G

They only thing I can think that has changed is the weather has gotten very hot for Cleveland Ohio and my temps have raised on my cpu and gpu. Nothing that should be bad though. gpu is still under 50c even when stressed.

Does anyone know if this sounds like a hardware or game issue, and what can I do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

I'm glad that I read this post, as I also, have been experiencing the same problems, just within the last 2 weeks. I sent in a ticket to Trion, it will be interesting to see what their reply is.
m
l
Related resources
!