Abit KT7A - Can't Boot! -need help

G

Every so often my computer would freeze at random, just while using IE, Winamp, etc. I'd restart and it would usually come up fine. Earlier today it froze, I restarted, and then right as it was finishing loading Windows 2000 it blue screened and displayed something to the extent of 'registry cannot load ... ...' and then restarts on its own. It has continued to do this regardless of the number of times it restarts/me turn the computer off then back on. I've changed the default voltage, held down 'instert' while it was booting, turned off AGP4x, etc. Nothing would help.
Eventually, (yea! I love this part!) the computer quit POSTing altogether. So, I manually reset the jumpers on the motherboard. I moved the jumper over and turned it on, nothing happened (actually, that's normal, right?) ..and then moved them back and started it up again. Still no POST.
The fans spin, the HD spins, CD-ROMs, everything turns on, but nothing shows up on the monitor.
Specs:
Abit KT7A - newest BIOS (WZ)
Athlon B 1.2 @ 1.2 - 1.75v
256 MB PC-133 SDRAM
Windows 2000
Not sure what else I should list.

I sure hope someone can help.
Thanks.

G

I forgot to mention. It started 'not POSTing' when I loaded the fail-safe defaults. I clicked on it to run, pressed enter and nothing happened. Then I pressed escape and then saved my settings and let it up up. So, I don't know if it even worked or not.

G

Alright...I unplugged the monitor and pluged it back in, and, it's back. I can get into BIOS but right when its about to finish loading Windows 2000 it'll give me that same error and then restarts. But, at least I know I won't have to get a new motherboard or anything.