Solved

Where to get windows seven with student discount?

How do I take advantage of the windows 7 student price? I would like to get professional for the $30.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about where windows student discount
  1. Be a student, and go to school.
  2. Best answer
  3. ever heard of google? search results win 7 student discount:

    http://www.win741.com/
  4. DiscoDuck said:
    ever heard of google? search results win 7 student discount:

    http://www.win741.com/


    It looks like it is only for home premium. Any way to get professional?
  5. chedderslam1976 said:
    It looks like it is only for home premium. Any way to get professional?


    There is a link in the email you get after filling out that first online form to order. It is avail there.. it actually says:

    "Need to join your school’s network domain? You can also get Windows 7 Professional for $29.99 Click here"
  6. If you are part of the ACM ($20 per year fee and is for students in a scientific, technological or computing course of study) you can get Windows 7 Pro for $20. Also, the ACM gives you access to resource materials and other interesting things as well.
  7. MSDNAA gives you downloads of OS's and other things like Office Visio etc for about $20 per year I believe. I joined it with my school's IEEE and should get Windows 7 through that. If you are in school in STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics) area of study it's a very good option.
  8. So say I wanted to get it later on, should I join ACM or MSDNAA? I am a computer science major.
  9. sgtmattbaker said:
    So say I wanted to get it later on, should I join ACM or MSDNAA? I am a computer science major.


    you are a CS major, talk to your professors, you may already be in MSDNAA (i know i was for both my community college and RIT where i am now)
  10. mindless728 said:
    you are a CS major, talk to your professors, you may already be in MSDNAA (i know i was for both my community college and RIT where i am now)

    Hi, I was just accepted to RIT, do they offer Windows 7 for a discount on campus and how much is it, and what edition is it? you can e-mail me at bmorse22@meDOTcom
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Product