SiS 735?

G

Hey -

anyone heard anything about the SiS 735 Athlon/DDR chipset? This <A HREF="http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/sis735preview/default.asp" target="_new"> Performance Preview </A> over at the FiringSquad seems pretty enticing. Generally I've not really been impressed by the SiS chipsets in the past - I've found them to be best for family members who don't need anything fancy. However - the performance numbers that they were putting up make this seems like an especially attractive Athlon chipset!

- Porter Woodward

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, me too.
i havent had any good experience wit SiS chipsets either, not much stability problems though, just performance and compatibility issues.

Going by the reviews, the 735 sure seems to be too good a chipset, but I wont make my opinions unless I lay my hands on it. there are many manufacturers who make crappy motherboards to save a few cents (most of them are in taiwan) with parts like intel chipsets. we need to have a board made from a good manufacturer, like Asus (heard that A7S is on the way) to properly analyse the chipset board. till then, all we can do is read the reviews and decide.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS