Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

For those with issues running witcher 2

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 12, 2011 1:48:59 AM

I am not sure is this will help anyone, but I would like to explain how I got witcher 2 running very well. It might help those with a setup similar to mine the most. If you are running crossfired 5770s, this might help you the most. My other components are as follows.
i7 920 d0
6 gigs ddr3
crossfired 5770s

Keep in mind I am using the steam version. First off of course make sure the game is updated to the latest patch. Install the 11.5b hotfix for your cards, then install the cap5 from guru3d. One thing that I have noticed about this game is that it is very hungry for processing power. Overclock your processor as much as you possibly can. NOTE: (I take no responsibility for any actions you do or don't do that may harm your computer) I overclocked mine to 4.09Ghz. Also something that raised my fps tremendously is changing the PCIE clock from 100 to 110 in bios...( keep in mind my cards aren't overclocked)Again read the above NOTE. I went from running the game in low-medium settings with alot of eye candy stuff off and getting a mere 35-40fps to running a solid 60-65 with jumps up to 80-90 on occasion at the settings in the provided picture, of course this all took place in chapter 1 and 2 haven't gotten that far because I have been trying to get it to run well.

I am highly pleased with my results and wanted to share, in case anyone is still having issues. OH by the way, if you for some odd reason are still having issues with the crazy lights bleeding, then use radeonpro and just make a profile to use dirt 2 crossfire profile-- I read about this somewhere I'm not sure who it was that posted it, but props goes to him/her(this may affect your performance, not sure I dont use it anymore except to check fps. Thanks folks for reading. Murphy

More about : issues running witcher

June 12, 2011 6:12:45 PM

murphy_30547 said:
a solid 60-65 with jumps up to 80-90 on occasion at the settings in the provided picture


Well, theres no way you are getting "jumps up to 80-90", or even a solid 65, since Vertical Sync limits your framerate to 60 and under. O_o
June 12, 2011 6:41:01 PM

TiaMaster said:
Well, theres no way you are getting "jumps up to 80-90", or even a solid 65, since Vertical Sync limits your framerate to 60 and under. O_o


same results regardless of vertical sync being on or off using the setup options within the launcher, vertical sync has never worked for me on any game, and see no need for it. I didnt even take notice that it was on at the time I got the fps count. I even checked with fraps to be sure.
June 13, 2011 4:54:37 AM

murphy_30547 said:
same results regardless of vertical sync being on or off using the setup options within the launcher, vertical sync has never worked for me on any game, and see no need for it. I didnt even take notice that it was on at the time I got the fps count. I even checked with fraps to be sure.



What monitor are you using?
!