Gaming Rig Not Running Properly

Hey, guys. My problem is a pretty general one. No matter what game I play, it runs like ***. I play Fallout, Civ V, BF:BC2....and get the same performance as CS:S, BF2, etc. I have low framerates in every game I play....even the most basic ones. I've been trying to figure this out for the better part of a year but am stumped. Any ideas?

OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9600 Black Edition @ 2.3 GHz
GPU: 2x Nvidia 9800 GT's
RAM: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2
MB: Asus M3N-HT Deluxe

Graphics drivers are up to date. Temperatures are nice and cool. Clock speeds are fine. Registry is clean. HDD is defragged. I'm getting desperate here. Any help is much appreciated.
11 answers Last reply
More about gaming running properly
  1. Looks like you're running on 2 9800gt in SLI. Try a single card and see what happens. It could be a SLI issue.
  2. I've tried that with both cards separately. I get the same performance with each card as I do with both of them. :(
  3. That's strange.. On what resolution are you playing by the way?
  4. venjhammet said:
    That's strange.. On what resolution are you playing by the way?


    1440x900
  5. Well if everything fails you know there is always a last option which I wouldn't recommend yet, "a reformat." I have a friend who's using Phenom II 9650 2.3ghz with 4gb ram and a 9800gtx and gets good framerate at 1360 x 768. I'm sure yours will do more cause it's SLI.
  6. venjhammet said:
    Well if everything fails you know there is always a last option which I wouldn't recommend yet, "a reformat." I have a friend who's using Phenom II 9650 2.3ghz with 4gb ram and a 9800gtx and gets good framerate at 1360 x 768. I'm sure yours will do more cause it's SLI.


    Yea. I'm trying to avoid a reformat at all costs. It's starting to look like that though.
  7. have you tried overclocking...
    2.4 or better is the sweet spot with amd cpu.s
  8. HEXiT said:
    have you tried overclocking...
    2.4 or better is the sweet spot with amd cpu.s


    Yea. Nothing past 2.4 is stable though. I should be able to get it up to 2.6 but when I do, my PC just crashes randomly or Windows won't even boot.
  9. you could also downgrade your gfx drivers. sometimes nvidia get the sli wrong and send out an update... so its always worth downgrading to see if its a driver problem.
  10. I would think a reformat is in order. How long has it been since you installed your windows?

    Also you can tell us if you are using a 32bit or 64bit version of the windows. If you are using 32bit then that might be the problem since 32bit only uses upto 3.5gigs of memory.
  11. kashifme21 said:
    I would think a reformat is in order. How long has it been since you installed your windows?

    Also you can tell us if you are using a 32bit or 64bit version of the windows. If you are using 32bit then that might be the problem since 32bit only uses upto 3.5gigs of memory.


    Not sure when Windows was installed. A friend gave me this computer, but it's kinda been like this as long as I can remember. I've just always dealt with it. 64 bit Windows btw. I guess I'll order up a Windows replacement disk and reformat. :(
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Video Games