Weird gaming glitches

Hi

My system:
2 gigs of RAM 800Mhz
Athlon X2 5600 2 core @ 2.8 GHz
BFG 9800GT factory overclocked
Asus M2a-vm hdmi motherboard
Windows 7 professional 64 bit, genuine

Up to yesterday I had no problems with my games.
today, I start playing Serious Sam: The second encounter.

It lags! It doesn't make sense, the game is so old it shouldn't on anything. It's not a severe lag, just some frame that are missing. There is no smoothness. since the game offers a huge amount of graphic customization, i thought maybe I had changed the settings in some way that doesn't fit with recent video cards and I put the graphic setting to the preset "speed". (even if I had been working fine for weeks)
that changed nothing. So I think virus. I scan my computer with nod32. it find 8 problems, fixes them all. I try serious sam again. Same thing....
I turn fraps on. And it tells me I have a FPS of 170 to 90 in a "calm place" even if movement is still choppy. When there are monsters the FPS goes down to about 40... but the choppiness is always the same.

I suspect a problem with my graphic card so I tried Bulletstorm, a much more recent and demanding game. It works perfectly!...
I try Painkiller: Battle out of hell. It's barely playable it's so fast! There no lag what so ever. Everything is 3 time faster. And there is no turbo mode or anything to explain that.

I download the newest graphic drivers. Mine were a couple month old. And there is no change!

I don't know where to look for the problem.
please help me.
2 answers Last reply
More about weird gaming glitches
  1. Why don't you try to restore your system to the date when your system was working fine!!!
  2. There are none available. They all date from when I installed/uninstalled Serious Sam so I was screwed.
    But I formatted my computer ad re installed everything.
    thanks anyways.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games