BlitzkriegWarrior

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I have a quad core 3.2ghz processor, 6 gigs ddr3 ram, and a 512mb nvidia 8500 gt gpu.I get terrible framrates on most games that I play,all drivers up to date,everything I can think to work on,I have.I used to play L4D just fine on an older,much less decent system with windows xp,and it had the same video card i have in my new system.So what is the catch? Could it be some confliction with my new windows 7 system?

your getting terrible fps because your gaming on a video card not a gaming card.
the 8500gt doesn't meet minimum spec on most games. its not even as strong as the old 6600gt and thats a 5+ year old card
the chances are you were gaming on an older machine that had a much better gaming card like a 6600,6800 or 7800gt

+1 your vid card is rubbish, get a new vid card. also win7 does run things worse than xp, i recently upgraded myself. 4gb ram + is really needed for gaming in win7. Also when using win7/vista it will be using the more taxing dx10 in games that support it. right click on the game shortcut and select dx9 mode, that will help a lot.