Sign in with
Your question

Good Framerates but Game Crashes.

Last response: in Video Games
June 13, 2011 8:39:14 PM

Hey,

I used to be able to play games fine on my PC, Crysis, BF2, Test Drive Unlimited etc. However, they have since become unplayable due to random crashes during gameplay. I can be playing on Min Specs or Max Specs and have perfect Framerates, but then suddenly, at random intervals, the game will hang, audio loops, mouse won't move, then the screen will flash Black and White for a Millisecond, then gameplay will resume as normal.

I did update my BIOS which seemed to fix temporarily but now the problem has returned.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
June 14, 2011 11:31:14 AM

da boi said:
Hey,

I used to be able to play games fine on my PC, Crysis, BF2, Test Drive Unlimited etc. However, they have since become unplayable due to random crashes during gameplay. I can be playing on Min Specs or Max Specs and have perfect Framerates, but then suddenly, at random intervals, the game will hang, audio loops, mouse won't move, then the screen will flash Black and White for a Millisecond, then gameplay will resume as normal.

I did update my BIOS which seemed to fix temporarily but now the problem has returned.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

It may be something else. Be sure youre BIOS setup was downloaded from youre computer manafacturer.
Try updating The graphics Driver, also try reinstalling DirectX. If youre Computer or Graphics card has a
warranty then get it replaced it MAY be a faulty memory on the card causing it to do that. Also restore youre
BIOS to Default settings which would probably help if they have been alted.
June 14, 2011 12:44:11 PM

is your system overclocked?
Related resources
June 14, 2011 8:45:40 PM

I have tried reinstalling all drivers and software, which still did nothing.

My system WAS overclocked; a Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 4.00 GHz with a Corsair H50 Watercooler... however, even with standard BIOS setting and normal clocks, the problem recurs. Should I try Underclocking?
June 15, 2011 12:20:41 PM

If it wont play at stock clocks I doubt thats the issue
June 16, 2011 12:58:15 AM

What version of windows do you have. you could try rivatuner and try to downclock the memory a little bit. Or you could try reinstalling windows if you have a disk?
The best thing i can think of without reistalling windows is to boot in safe mode and uninstall all graphics drivers then install them again, also get your drivers from youre manufacturers website. Or roll back your driver. It sounds like a Directx problem so the best thing would just be to reinstall windows all together. Or restore it to an ealier state before the problems began. If you need help about reinstalling feel free to ask.
!