Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Help me find this old strategy game

Last response: in Video Games
June 14, 2011 8:17:39 AM

I am looking for an old strategy game which I played the demo. The game was based on another planet there is an energy of fuel bar(green color) which is used to construct vehicles and buildings,which is acquired by destroying enemy oil rig or something and building our own, vehicles can be upgraded there was a mortar and cannon upgrade I think. a vehicle with radar which increases the range of near by tanks. a tower which detects enemy... please help me find it

More about : find strategy game

June 14, 2011 9:55:36 AM

Command and Conquer? :S
Score
June 14, 2011 10:04:17 AM

Nihilis said:
Command and Conquer? :S

Ehh.. No. Definitly not C&C.

@OP, how old are we talking here? 2D sprite-based? Top-down or isometric view? Any other details you can remember?
Score
Related resources
June 14, 2011 10:43:50 AM

I think 2d the game looks more like age of empires 1. terrain looked like desert , starts with a base surrounded by canyons. vehicle tires can be upgraded to tracks, I got the game demo in 2005, it was from a orange color cd which had many demos, but I remember the game like a clear picture. I will explain the memories. The game starts with a base and some kind of transport vehicle which can be used to construct structures then we attack a small oil well like thing and capture it which in turn generate a resource (energy) which is used for constructing new vehicles and structure resource meter is a long bar green i think. Then I am attacked by some enemy, I expand my base and attack their base and capture another oil thingy, then there are small bases which is captured. and we come to a large fortified base. which can only be conquered by the help of a radar something vehicle, which helps in long range attack of a cannon vehicle. after capturing the big base we are taken to another area by air transport, the vehicles from my base can be air lifted here, finishing the enemies there will end the demo. after the demo i remember screenshots telling me about more air vehicles and fortress in full game. thats all I recall...

Score
June 14, 2011 10:52:44 AM

I'm lost, sorry. Just too many RTS games date from that period; without more specific info I can't narrow it down. Maybe it will trigger a memory for someone else though.
Score
June 14, 2011 12:45:36 PM

I can't pin this one down - you might have more luck posting on a forum on a speciality website like gog.com
Score
June 14, 2011 2:28:16 PM

sounds like Dune 2: The Battle for Arrakis
Score
June 14, 2011 2:45:42 PM

HEXiT said:
sounds like Dune 2: The Battle for Arrakis

Doubtful. I see no reason why anyone would put a demo of Dune 2 on a 2005 demo CD. Besides, the "oil well + energy" type resourcing system doesn't fit in Dune. Not a bad guess based on the rest of the info though.

Score

Best solution

June 14, 2011 2:52:07 PM

Very wild guess here, but I did some googling and this one seemed to fit the bill:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warzone_2100
June 14, 2011 3:23:32 PM

Best answer selected by neo350.
Score
June 14, 2011 3:33:57 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Very wild guess here, but I did some googling and this one seemed to fit the bill:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warzone_2100

It is........... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU... THANK YOU...THANK YOU...

It was a joyful moment... it is downloadable free here http://www.wz2100.net/

How did you google it man. I ve spent my whole day. Genius...

Thank you very much really appreciate it...

Thank you once again
Score
June 14, 2011 7:38:26 PM

My pleasure.. :-) I took a flyer and googled "RTS oil as resource". I thought maybe someone had made a list of RTS games using oil as a resource. And voila, the link to the Wiki article was included in the search results.
Score
June 14, 2011 9:29:04 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!