Gaming mice with thumb DPI adjustment buttons?

I'm looking for a mouse with adjustable DPI. I looked at the G500 and the G9 mice but it looks like you have to push the DPI buttons with your index finger. I was hoping to have buttons that I push with my thumb so I can scope in quick and lower my sensitivity right away for a shot, then switch it back when I'm done. Taking my finger off the trigger seems counter intuitive for this, as it would slow me down quite a bit. It sounds like the MadCatz RAT series can do something like this with a thumb switch. Is it a decent mouse, and are there any other options? Am I expecting too much with this adjustable DPI feature?
5 answers Last reply
More about gaming mice thumb adjustment buttons
  1. With some of the razer mice, you can program the thumb buttons (or any buttons) to adjust your dpi.
  2. Hmm, I guess that could work. Is the DPI adjustment like a toggle or do I have to press the button multiple times to change it? That's the main thing I like about the RAT, that you can have 2 different sensitivities that you switch between with one button press
  3. I think you can set it up as a toggle (press once for low DPI, press again to go back to high). I don't actually use it.

I think for the RAT you just hold down that red button for low DPI and release it to go back to normal which is cooler, IMO. I was trying to figure out if it was possible to write a macro that would mimic the function of the RAT's sniper button but I don't think it's possible.

Edit: I just read that this has been a feature in MS Intellimouse Explorer for years. Maybe you can try it if you have a MS mouse?
  4. I have a DeathAdder. I guess I just have to look for someone with a RAT and ask them about it
  5. i have the lachesis and its control panel lets you configure any button to a dpi switch.
    with a g500 its slightly more difficult you have to go into the config file and adjust it manually.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Gaming Mice DPI Video Games