Gaming mice with thumb DPI adjustment buttons?

Turdflinger

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I'm looking for a mouse with adjustable DPI. I looked at the G500 and the G9 mice but it looks like you have to push the DPI buttons with your index finger. I was hoping to have buttons that I push with my thumb so I can scope in quick and lower my sensitivity right away for a shot, then switch it back when I'm done. Taking my finger off the trigger seems counter intuitive for this, as it would slow me down quite a bit. It sounds like the MadCatz RAT series can do something like this with a thumb switch. Is it a decent mouse, and are there any other options? Am I expecting too much with this adjustable DPI feature?

Turdflinger

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Hmm, I guess that could work. Is the DPI adjustment like a toggle or do I have to press the button multiple times to change it? That's the main thing I like about the RAT, that you can have 2 different sensitivities that you switch between with one button press

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
I think you can set it up as a toggle (press once for low DPI, press again to go back to high). I don't actually use it.

I think for the RAT you just hold down that red button for low DPI and release it to go back to normal which is cooler, IMO. I was trying to figure out if it was possible to write a macro that would mimic the function of the RAT's sniper button but I don't think it's possible.

Edit: I just read that this has been a feature in MS Intellimouse Explorer for years. Maybe you can try it if you have a MS mouse?