Good VZ Support

sid

I've had my share of bad support experiences so I thought I should
share one that so far has gone well. My 2 year contract is almost up
so I decided to do a little shopping around. I live in a area in
Southern MD where I have no signal at my house. A few miles away and
the service is great. I sent an email on the VZ website asking about
towers and possible improved signal availability. It was a website
form and did not expect much. Within a couple of hours I logged on
and got the expected automated reply, but also an actual answer. They
didn't answer the question the way I hoped, so I replied to the email
and rephrased the question. They replied within the hour and told me
to call this 800 number and report the outage.

I called the number at 10pm EDT and expected to either get an
automated response or a message to call back during reg office hours.
After 3 or 4 rings I got a live person *Kimberly*. She was very
friendly and helpful and offered to put in a service assessment call
(or something like that). They will send someone out to my area in
2-3 weeks and get back to me after that. Now...I'm still skeptical
about all this actually happening, but not as much as I would have
been this morning.

It's nice to be reassured it's not all bad.

Sid

Sid wrote:
> I called the number at 10pm EDT and expected to either get an
> automated response or a message to call back during reg office hours.
> After 3 or 4 rings I got a live person *Kimberly*. She was very
> friendly and helpful and offered to put in a service assessment call
> (or something like that). They will send someone out to my area in
> 2-3 weeks and get back to me after that. Now...I'm still skeptical
> about all this actually happening, but not as much as I would have
> been this morning.
>
> It's nice to be reassured it's not all bad.

Actually, if you're back east, the Verizon Wireless call centers out there are
pretty good to work with. I've only had problems in California, and even then
the CSRs were courteous and friendly (I just wasn't able to get my problem
resolved).

I never had any problems at all with VZW when I lived in Ohio.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 02:35:50 GMT, Sid <sidREMOVEjones@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Now...I'm still skeptical
>about all this actually happening, but not as much as I would have
>been this morning.

You are wise to be skeptical. I was told the same thing, and it did
eventually happen. It just about 18 months for them to check it and
get something done about it. I trust you got a trouble ticket number
*AND* the department which issued it. The situation may have since
changed, but 2 years ago, each department had their own trouble ticket
system, and they weren't tied together. You may need that number to
keep kicking them in the ass to do what they say they would do.

Good luck!